Cake Price Help

Decorating By mommyjones Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 2:13pm by online_annie

mommyjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyjones Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 4

Okay I have a girl that had to change her budget for a cake and wants a 3 tier cake that is simple by elegant. She said that her budget is $100-$150 is that too little to do that? To make something like that what should I do? Her colors are blue, silver and white/ivory. I could use any help!

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 4

What size cakes are you planning on doing? How many servings does she need?

How much will it cost you to do the cake? About how many hours will you have invest in it? How much is your time worth?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 4

Do you not have a pricing structure of your own you can use to work this out? Whether it can be done or not depends on what your base price is.

A 3 tier cake for $100-150 sounds unlikely but it really depends on how many servings she needs. If it's only 50, a 3 tier cake is a waste of the tiny budget, if it's 150 servings then it can't be done (unless you work for free!)

design wise, White icing, a silver ribbon, and some blue detailing - Swiss dots maybe? For that budget it needs to b a quick design!
xx

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 4

For that price range it needs to be extremely simple. Buttercream and fabric ribbon in cordinating colors. Not knowing the sizes you plan on making it's difficult to determine pricing. There is sooo much more that must be considered when determining the pricing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%