Ever Seen This Cake?

Decorating By Rylan Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 9:50pm by mpetty

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone, I'm looking for this one cake that sits on a square white stand (box-like). I remember that it had some molding type of material on the sides. I don't recall what exactly the cake looks like but I do remember that it was square. It may be blue or seafoam green. I'm so frustrated, I have been searching for it in days. I really like the stand and wanted to see how it looked like. I think it could be from a Martha Stewart book but I still can't find it. If anyone has an idea of what I am referring to, let me know. Thanks!

10 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:53am
post #2 of 11

This one? icon_smile.gif
LL

Rylan Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:15am
post #3 of 11

Thanks Antonia!!!! It is exactly that one! I've been looking for that in days! THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!!

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:32am
post #4 of 11

Amazing Antonia74 icon_eek.gif .
How do you do that ?....just pull that picture up just by her description. thumbs_up.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:41am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug

Amazing Antonia74 icon_eek.gif .
How do you do that ?....just pull that picture up just by her description. thumbs_up.gif

cause she's got talent icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Rylan Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:45am
post #6 of 11

Haha I know! Isn't she amazing!

antonia74 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:23am
post #7 of 11

Maybe just an OCD-organized album of thousands of cake pics I've saved on my computer!

To give you credit, it was a pretty good description you gave us! thumbs_up.gif

I did a search for "Martha" in my list names and they all popped up. I thought this base was funky, must be the one you meant.

(Martha has most of her magazine cake pics/how-to's saved on her website, I found them all there and saved them for reference.)

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:44am
post #8 of 11

Antonia74...do you mind sharing the way you organize your cake pictures, before I lose control of mine. At the moment This is the way i save it:
Theme... gender...age... w/flowers ... w/figures.
It is amazing how fast you did it!!!! icon_eek.gif
Thank you in advanced!
CIAO

antonia74 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:33pm
post #9 of 11

I do mine in folders, the names appear alphabetically. For example, I have a different folder for every category: Celebration Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Wedding Cakes, Novelty Cakes, Mini/Table Cakes, Gingerbread Houses, Templates/Patterns, Cake Toppers, Stands/Displays, Cutting Guides,

Inside those folders are all my thumbnail pics in order alphabetically. I sort them by theme, short description of elements of it, and if I happen to know the bakery that made it too....

celcake - babyshowerpinkstripes
celcake - gardeningflowersbyPinkCakeBox
celcake - motorcyclegraduationinHarleyblackorange

That way, when I want to do a search for a cake I can use a short word like "Harley" and it will probably come up.[/i]

Rylan Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:45pm
post #10 of 11

Antonia, thanks for sharing how you organize your pictures. I knew it was somewhere from Martha, I just couldn't find it. I'm SO glad you found it for me though...my hair has been falling off searching for it hehe. Thanks again! I appreciate it a LOT!

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:50pm
post #11 of 11

And Rylan, we'll be expecting to see a breathtaking version of that cake from you, and probably soon! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%