It Helps If The Oven Is Actually On Lol!

Decorating By LePetitCakes Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 10:28am by Caths_Cakes

LePetitCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LePetitCakes Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:38am
post #1 of 7

I started baking a pink velvet practice cake tonight while the kids were still awake, which I normally don't do. I had some left over batter, so I made a dozen cupcakes as well.

The cake went in the oven, I made a batch of frosting, cleaned up the dishes, and started getting the kids ready for bed. After taking the cake out of the oven, I put the cupcakes in to bake and then put the kids to bed.

I usually bake my cupcakes at 350, but decided that I wanted to try them at 325 and bake them a little longer to see if I could keep them from doming. I set my oven timer for 10 minutes longer than usual to account for the temperature difference.

So the timer went off and they were still raw and almost wet on top. I chalked it up to the lower temperature, and set the oven for another 10 minutes. When I checked them again....still raw...set it for another 10 minutes. After checking them again I couldn't believe it but they were still raw.

I sat there trying to figure out what was going on when I realized that my oven was off icon_redface.gif . I must have automatically shut it off when after I took the cake out. LOL, that's what I get for trying to multi-task!

6 replies
DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:55am
post #2 of 7

Hahaha.. ive done that before.. but for dinner!
I turned on the temp - but not the oven! icon_razz.gif Opps!

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:48am
post #3 of 7

I've done that before, too!! icon_redface.gif

MollyGirl_17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyGirl_17 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:45am
post #4 of 7

I'm so glad I'm not the only absent minded one, lol! I did this with a burner one night...couldn't figure out why the stove area was so warm yet my pot wasn't boiling. Lucky I didn't burn the place down! icon_eek.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:19am
post #5 of 7

Hahahaha, I thought I was the only one. This has happened to me multiple times! Haha.

mivea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mivea Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 10:11am
post #6 of 7

That could easily have been me... But I think I'm excused as I'm still breastfeeding my baby icon_rolleyes.gif (and I'll have to make up a new excuse when she's on solid food icon_redface.gif )

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 10:28am
post #7 of 7

Guilty!!! ive done it to, my ovens ignition is right next to the the oven light, which ive switched on many times and not realised . . . at least i can see my food not cooking lmao

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%