Have You No Cake Morals???

Decorating By BuncoHappens Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 3:39am by BuncoHappens

BuncoHappens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BuncoHappens Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 9

I was working on a cake for my friends daughter's graduation party and was fretting about whether to make a salon chair or use a plastic one. I asked another friend who has small daughters if they happend to have a Barbie salon chair and they did....hooray for me! My 15 yr. daughter was appalled that I would put something plastic on my cake and not hand mold the chair and she says to me, "Have you no cake morals!!??"

Geez!!
LL

8 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 9

Your cake is too cute, plastic chair and all. Cake morals...that's funny. thumbs_up.gif

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 9

haha, too funny. My kids are the same way, they say that anyone can put plastic on a cake, but Mommy is better than that.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 9

Too funny!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 9

good grief, that is the kind of thing DH says too. Too funny. But I dont see them volunteering to make the chair.. icon_lol.gif

Your cake is adorable.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 9

Just wait until your daughter is getting married. When she picks out her cake topper, respond with "Have you no cake morals?"

lol, jk, kinda. Great idea to use the barbie chair! I love it when you're in a little pickle and then there's that one stroke of luck that makes everything turn out wonderfully!

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:01am
post #7 of 9

what did you use to make the chocolate ganache? It looks so shiny?

BuncoHappens Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:42am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcakesmom

what did you use to make the chocolate ganache? It looks so shiny?

Nothing but chocolate and cream. That was the 1st time I had ever made ganache. Actually I think I added too much cream, but it ended up working out.

BuncoHappens Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:39am
post #9 of 9

This cake needs some explanation!

My friend's daughter graduated from high and is going into beauty school. She remembers her daughter as a little girl, playing in the mud, so the ganache represents the mud. The girl in the beauty salon chair also has muddy feet. The words "Mud Princess" perfectly describe her. The dragonfly is a symbol that represents a dear friend that we lost a few years back who would have been very proud of Sydney graduating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%