Can't Believe It. I'm Blown Away!

Decorating By sugarandslice Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 12:56am by gscout73

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 10

Wow. I can't believe that one of my cakes made the number 1 spot in the "most saved cakes"!
I really thought it was a pretty simple cake and definitely not my best work when it comes to sharp corners etc, but it's been saved more times than any other cake I've ever put up here.
I just wanted to share my excitement and thank you all for your great cake-community.
Emma xx

9 replies
CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 10

Why are you blown away? The cake is SUPER CUTE and I've already saved it to my favorites personally. My husband always tells me that I'm my own worst critic. But I do understand where you come from on that. We know where we went wrong but what we don't realize sometimes is that others don't have a clue on how to do what we do so they don't know that it's not our best work! I love it!

missyd4e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyd4e Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 10

Sometimes its the simple ones that are the best. I had saved it to my favorites as well. Nice Job!

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 10

Ok, now I have to go look at it and will probably end up saving it.

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 10

Your cakes are fab.. I looked. You deserved it..I agree what was mentioned before, sometimes the simpler, the better thumbs_up.gif

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 10

Congrats! It is a great cake.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:41pm
post #7 of 10

I remember the first time that happened to me...I was ecstatic!!! LOL Great work!

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:03am
post #8 of 10

I hear ya. Some of the cakes that I've done that I put a lot of time and effort into went fairly unnoticed and the one that is most saved I like but not my best work or favorite. I think a lot has to do with if it is a universal design that people could use as inspiration for many different occasions. Take it for the huge compliment that it is and enjoy! It is a wonderful cake icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:37am
post #9 of 10

Congrats! It IS a wonderful high isn't it? I was overjoyed when it happened to me! So bask in the glow!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:56am
post #10 of 10

I'm one of the 190. love it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%