Filling Cupcake Pans

Baking By SuzyNoQ Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 6:38pm by TexasSugar

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 4

I have seen ice cream scoops used to fill muffing pans on Cupcake wars, as well as seing it mentioned here, now I can't find it. What size scoop is the right size for a standard cupcake/muffin?
Thanks in advance.

3 replies
JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 4

I have used a regular scoop to fill mine.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 4

My muffin tins hold about 1/2 c liquid = 4oz. You generally want to fill 1/2 to 2/3 full. So a scoop should be about 2 to 3 ounces.A #20 gives you 2 1/2 ounces and a #16 gives you 2 3/4 ounces. Both would be nice. The number on the scoop is stamped on the "release" lever bar in the bowl of the scoop. It is about the number of scoops needed to make a quart, i think.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 4

I use a regular ice cream scoop. It holds about 1/4th cup. You can find them at Walmart or if you want an all stainless steal one look at Bed, Bath and Beyond or a kitchen shop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%