"fabulous Cakes" On Tlc!!!

Lounge By CWR41 Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 2:53pm by drakegore

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 12:20am
post #31 of 50

[quote="drakegore"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

I loved the show too. Actually he did explain that. His brother is his big brother and now he works for him. So he did that to show the irony of the little brother being the boss of the big one.

I didn't write this quote above... Drakegore did. Somehow the quotes were pasted/edited out of order.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:27am
post #32 of 50

i am so sorry cwr41! i am not sure how i even managed to do that!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:09am
post #33 of 50

I too liked the fact that there was no fake drama which gets a little old on Cake Boss. The topsy turvey cake with the mashed top to fix a big mistake took me by surprise considering the price tag on the cake. I guess to me there is no excuse for that. It's like what the customer doesn't know or can't see won't hurt them.

I did really enjoy seeing how the cakes were made and the techniques used and giving the prices was great. People need to know what the cost of cakes which are and not Wal-Mart cake prices.

Hope the shows says on for a while - I enjoyed it.

CWR41 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:05am
post #34 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

i am so sorry cwr41! i am not sure how i even managed to do that!

thumbs_up.gif No problem. I have it too... Murphy's Law: anything that can go wrong, will. I manage to find ways to do things that don't always work! icon_wink.gif

sjc0858 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjc0858 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 5:15am
post #35 of 50

Was that topsy turvey put together like they normally are? Not talking about the smashed cake crumbs but the stacking. It looked like she stacked them without making them level. I still have yet to make one...plan on making one soon and I thought you had to cut out a place on each tier so the next tier can sit level. It seemed like she didn't do this....am I wrong?

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 6:04am
post #36 of 50

[quote="CWR41"]

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

I loved the show too. Actually he did explain that. His brother is his big brother and now he works for him. So he did that to show the irony of the little brother being the boss of the big one.

I didn't write this quote above... Drakegore did. Somehow the quotes were pasted/edited out of order.

I actually wrote that...hmmm very strange. icon_biggrin.gif

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 7:54am
post #37 of 50

sjc I noticed that too!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:43pm
post #38 of 50

Overall, i loved the show. Love how they posted prices and some of the challenges cake decorators face. NO drama..wonderful for a change. I think this has the potential to be one of my favorite cake shows on tv. Kudos to the producers of it.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:36pm
post #39 of 50

I thought it was excellent. Like others have said, it combined the best of the shows we already love with the added benefit of pricing and overall structure. icon_smile.gif

As for the Terry Fator cake...have you seen his act??? It's AMAZING! He's also pretty funny with a great sense of humor, so I'm thinking his brother shares a similar humor. icon_smile.gif

If not, at least he could hack off the head and have a good time about it. icon_wink.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:27pm
post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

..I was less than thrilled to see his assistant screw up on the bottom tier of the carved topsy turvy cake only to mash the cake ontop to hide the error...but I mean really...Do you want to cut into a cake to see it all mashed....

Especially since it was a $2000 cake. Not saying it wasn't worth it but for that much money a cake really should be perfect.

CWR41 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:40pm
post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

As for the Terry Fator cake...have you seen his act??? It's AMAZING!

Yes! I've been to The Terry Fator Theater to see his show. He's a talented ventriloquist as well as a talented singer! It's great to see that he can do both. (He admits that it's hard to sing with your mouth closed, so I imagine how good he'd be if he was moving his lips!)

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 5:09pm
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

I liked it. I really liked that they put the prices of the cakes! icon_biggrin.gif I wish they would do that on some of the other shows, like , or Ace of Cakes.

Me, too! I was so excited to see that.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:23am
post #43 of 50

I liked it, it was more of what I would be looking for in a cake program

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 10:57am
post #44 of 50

I actually don't mind this show. Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, blech.

I am really tired of this reality show crap with fake drama and people's input every five seconds. I was so disappointed the first time I saw Ace of Cakes.

I thought I would give Fabulous Cakes a try. I thought it was much better because they show you more of how the cake is made with less "drama." The episode with the sushi boat was interesting. I liked seeing how they carved the cake and put it together to resemble the boat.

Fabulous Cakes is probably the only "reality" type show I might watch in the future.

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm
post #45 of 50

I was surprised at how the topsy turvy was assembled too, the mushing of the crumbs to form the top angle and the assembly. I'd hate to get one of the mushed cake pieces icon_confused.gif and how on earth did the thing not topple over.

I'm also surprised at how many cake people deliver completely late to the venue. To me, the cake is always a centerpiece/decoration that you eat. Not something that gets wheeled in after guests arrive, then gets served 5 minutes later. Seems like alot of work for such little viewing time LOL.

But it is nice to see the ins and outs of the actual caking, rather than the drama.

samarinbooboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samarinbooboo Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm
post #46 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakecakes2010

There is so many cake shows. Has anyone seen the Bakery bunch?

When does that air?

drakegore Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 5:22pm
post #47 of 50

i wonder why FABULOUS CAKES didn't show the prices on this weeks episode? i loved the show but was disappointed they chose to leave that bit out this week.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 5:37pm
post #48 of 50
Quote:

i wonder why FABULOUS CAKES didn't show the prices on this weeks episode? i loved the show but was disappointed they chose to leave that bit out this week.

Me too! I hope they go back to doing that, because it sets that show apart from the rest!

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:17pm
post #49 of 50

I only saw the Philadelpia episode. It was interesting but the bakery that set up the topsy turvy cake...I just couldn't understand why they just had a huge 4 or 5" hunk of cake. No torting, no filling....just cake. Icing was used to glue crumbs to make the angle and on the outside.

I would be so mad if I ordered that and found just the cake, no other fillings or flavors. I guess their customers know that but wow, I don't think it would have even occurred to me to do it like that.

They didn't show prices on this one, either. I hope they do show that. Also, Sweet Saucy Shop is supposed to be on the one airing 8/2. I'm excited to see that one as I love her blog and website.

drakegore Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 2:53pm
post #50 of 50

i was a little baffled by the untorted chunk of cake too...i thought that was really odd!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%