I'm Stumped

Decorating By wifey2kevin Updated 11 Jul 2010 , 7:20pm by Jesa

wifey2kevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wifey2kevin Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 6

i have a baby shower cake to do for a boy and girl. i have no idea what to do. absolutely nothing is coming to mind. thoughts?

5 replies
MichelleB0802 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleB0802 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 6

baby blanket, rattle, belly cake

have you search the picture gallery for inspiration?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 6

There are SO many "baby shower" cakes in the gallery here. I can't imagine that you couldn't find something in there for inspiration. The baby shower gallery is one of my favorites. I can spend a couple of hours easy looking at the photos in that gallery!

Do you have an invitation, plate, napkin, etc. that you are planning to match the cakes to? I always like for my cakes to match the "theme" of the party. What IS the theme? or is there one? I'd start with that and the colors then start looking for design ideas.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 6

how about if you took a round. And iced (or fondanted lol) Half pink and half blue, with a baby carrage in the middle with 2 heads poping out?

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 6

I always like the way lavender and avocado look together.
As mamawrobin said, their are so many wonderful pictures in the galleries. I too, could look at the pictures all day.

Jesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesa Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 6

Matching to the invite or party theme is a great idea. I've done some shower cakes in the nursery decor themes too and they have always been a hit with the mama to be!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%