Cake Mix Poll

Decorating By cakesbycombs Updated 19 Jan 2007 , 7:55pm by twindees

cakesbycombs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycombs Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 6

I get Cook's Country Magazine, and in the Dec/Jan issue, they did a taste test of 8 different brands of cake mix. Here are the results if you are interested! icon_smile.gif

Recommended
1. Betty Crocker super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow
2. Betty Crocker Super Moist Vanilla
3. Pillsbury Moist Supreme Yellow
4. Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow
5. Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Yellow
Recommended With Reservations
6. Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Yellow
Not Recommended
7. Jiffy Golden Yellow Cake
8. King Arthur Flour Vanilla-Butter

The tasters said the Jiffy "tasted like the box it came in" thumbsdown.gif Yikes![/b]

5 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 6

Thanks for posting this! I personally prefer Pillsbury first, Betty Crocker second, and never never DH. I've never even seen Jiffy or King Arthur Flour cake mix. The Jiffy review doesn't surprise me, but King Arthur Flour has a good reputation for quality...I wonder what went wrong with their cake mix?

cakesksa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesksa Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 6

I prefer Pillsbury Cake Mix.

Julie icon_smile.gif

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 6

I'm a Pillsbury junkie, too icon_wink.gif It's always the cheapest one in the aisle at the grocery store, and I've never had a problem with it. Very consistent. I extend it with pudding and sour cream, a-la what I've learned here on CC -- and everyone loves the taste and is astonished if they ever find out that it's not "from scratch."

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:39pm
post #5 of 6

Pretty neat. I've seen alot of people recommending DH and that's actually the one that I like least (like the poll). I really like the Betty Crocker Natural Vanilla, but I'm having trouble finding it now!

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with those results. Betty and DH are the very best. Pillsbury just sucks.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%