Horizontal Folds

Decorating By Lorabell Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 6:26pm by dguerrant

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 2

Hi fellow CC'ers,

Does anyone know how to place fondant so it looks like horizontal folds? I've seen it here and should've saved it in my favs, but now I can't find it.


1 reply
dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 2

wouldn't it be similar to the vertical fold/pleat technique? if so, i would measure the circumference of the cake and roll out fondant to that length. cut stips approx. 3" and fold over on itself being sure not to crease the fold flat. start at the bottom of the cake and work your way up to the top. hope this helps icon_smile.gif would love to see a pic icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%