Fundraiser-Bake Sale

Lounge By MessMaker Updated 4 Jul 2010 , 12:55am by starbasset

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 3

whats the best way to price goodies for a bake sale fundraiser?
if you have ever done a bake sale i could use some tips...

the fundraiser is for Icing Smiles Inc. Non-Profit org. for Impacted families of children with serious illnesses.

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 3

Well, first make sure you're not losing any money, because otherwise it would be smarter to just make a donation to the charity! I think these kinds of bake sales have two purposes: one, to make money and, two, to get the name and aims of the charity out to the public, so they might have a chance to develop an interest, too. So you don't want to price yourself too low or there won't be enough profits, but you don't want to price yourself out of the market, because people will pass you right by and you'll never have a chance to talk to them about what you're doing the bake sale for. Not easy, is it? Would it help to check out other bake sales around your community to see what they (especially the succesful ones) are doing?

starbasset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starbasset Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:55am
post #3 of 3

Another idea a friend of mine did was to ask for donations (going to __ charity) per cookie rather then a set price. She was not in an upscale community either and found folks offered more then what she would have asked for.

Good luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%