Completely Cupcake Illiterate!

Baking By stacyllind Updated 3 Jul 2010 , 4:57pm by LindaF144a

stacyllind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyllind Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 5

I am not used to baking cupcakes and I am totally miffed about my skill set with them! I cannot get my cupcakes to stop sticking to the liners. When I try to peel them away from the cupcake the entire cupcake separates! Why does this keep happening!!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 5

could be your recipe, or the type of liners. What kind of liners are you using?? Some of the cheaper, thin, paper ones will do that

stacyllind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyllind Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 5

It probably is the liners, I was out and I just grabbed what they had at the grocery store. It was probably not a good idea thumbsdown.gif Thanks for the advice!

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 4:41am
post #4 of 5

I'm not sure if you have a GFS in your area but they have the BEST plain white cupcake liners there! 500 for $3.99, a great deal.
And they work wonderfully, they don't pull the cupcake off but they also don't pull away when sitting in the box icon_smile.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 4:57pm
post #5 of 5

I had this happen to the last batch of a new recipe I tested. I didn't know at the time, but cupcakes were too dry. Way too dry....even with frosting. I might have baked them too long, or too hot. I was trying the 400 degree method to get a dome.

Back to the drawing board.

If your cupcakes tasted too dry, that might be the reason. Or you baked them too long.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%