I Need Ideas!!

Baking By dacash Updated 11 Jul 2010 , 11:26pm by MessMaker

dacash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dacash Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!! I am in need of some ideas for cupcakes. I had a girl place an order for cupcakes for her boyfriend's birthday. She said his favorite colors are red & black and he is kinda "punkish". (he is a skateboarder) I thought this would be a breeze, but I am at a loss for ideas. I am usually pretty creative, but this one has me stumped. Ideas anyone?? Any and all will be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to hear from all of you!

5 replies
lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 6

How about some mini skateboards made out of gumpaste and do some simple funky art work on them with edible marker pens in swirls of colors. or anything made that is hip and funky to put on each top of each cupcakes. Hope this helps a little in your ideas icon_lol.gif Happy Cake Decorating

Jesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesa Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 6

love the skateboard idea! you could cut out t-shirt or skate shoes shapes in fondant too and decorate with the edible pens too. I had thought about maybe using the grass tip for mohawk cupcakes but that might be a bit much icon_wink.gif

dacash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dacash Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 6

Thx for your great ideas!!

Jo-melia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo-melia Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 6

Maybe skull and crossbones?? They're kind of punkish aren't they??

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesa

love the skateboard idea! you could cut out t-shirt or skate shoes shapes in fondant too and decorate with the edible pens too. I had thought about maybe using the grass tip for mohawk cupcakes but that might be a bit much icon_wink.gif

OH a Mohawk would be too cute....could do red and black mohawks...or Mini skate ramps.... or all three ( skate boards, skate ramps, & mohawks)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%