What Cake Do You Want For Your Birthday?

Decorating By bates123 Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 1:30am by noni12601

bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 15

Hey my Cake Central friends! Today is my birthday!!! I'm making my own birthday cake. I've never done that before and I'm having so much fun doing a cake just for me for a change! Actually, it's really for my wonderful family...but I get to decide the flavors and design. I'm going with a two tier cake...bottom is 9" WASC. I couldn't decide on fillings so I'm layering two...a delicious fluffy strawberry filling with a layer of strawberry jam filling over that. It tastes AMAZING! Second tier is chocolate cake covered and filled with chocolate butter cream and threw some chunks of Reeses cup in with the filling. Yummy

What cake do you want for your birthday? Just curious to see what you would make for yourself!

14 replies
bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:29pm
post #2 of 15

I'll post pictures when I finish decorating it! Thanks!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 15

Sounds delicious! There was a thread on here several months ago where people posted photos of the cakes they had made for their own birthday. You should try to find it and post your picture there. It was really fun looking at what everyone did. My BD is in August and I am going to make myself an over the top cake.

Happy birthday!

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 15

I'm spoiled. One of my friends is a french pastry chef that I used to work for. I make cakes for him he makes cakes for me. The BEST birthday cake I ever had he made me... it was a fluffy vanilla cake filled with thick layers of his homemade exotic fruit sorbet and raspberry sorbet covered in piped meringue and torched. AWESOME!!! His birthday is 2 days before mine so I have to think up something cool this year to make him.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 15

I love that you're designing your own birthday cake! Happy Birthday! icon_biggrin.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 15

I guess I'm boring, but my all time favorite is yellow cake with vanilla buttercream. The more buttercream the better. I love me a corner piece with fat borders and roses! LOL!

My favorite thing to do is to chop up a piece of cake into vanilla ice cream (I told you I was boring) and then eat it like that.

It's funny, because unless it's someone's birthday or my own, I don't want anything to do with cake and ice cream. I don't even like eating my own cake, even though people tell me it's the best they've had.

I guess it just tastes better when someone else makes it for me, LOL.

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are lucky to have yours in the summer. Mine is in the dead of winter.

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:15am
post #7 of 15

Happy Birthday!!

Jeepers, I'd have to say it's a toss up between vanilla bean cake with vanilla IMBC and covered in shredded coconut...or Midnight chocolate cake with Kahlua buttercream filling and chocolate ganache finish.

I'm with AnnieCahill...a corner piece please, with the honkin' big border and roses. icon_biggrin.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:25am
post #8 of 15

Happy Birthday!!!!

I'm weird, I would want cheesecake with raspberry topping!!!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:42am
post #9 of 15

I second cheesecake!!!!

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:48am
post #10 of 15

I third cheesecake. Chocolate cheesecake to be specific. It's my favoritest cake ever to be made! icon_smile.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 12:58am
post #11 of 15

First of all, Happy Birthday. I can't wait to see your cake.

As for what I would choose, all of yours sound so yummy I think you should send me some to try and I'll pick from those??????????? lol

I love a pina colada cake. Vanilla cake, pineapple filling with coconut BC and shredded coconut on top of that. My birthday is in Sept., near Labor Day, so it still works for a cool summer flavor. In the winter, and at Christmas, I LOOOOOOVE Kahlua cheesecake. I can eat a whole on by myself. YUM.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 1:00am
post #12 of 15

I can eat cheese cake everyday. But there is something about pineapple turn over cake that I love. with cream cheese frosting n walnuts lol !!!

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 1:03am
post #13 of 15

@AnnieCahill, I am the same way. I love a nice corner piece with some flowers and boarders. Also, I love when the cake is right next to the Ice Cream, that way I can put some of each on my fork/spoon and eat it. YUMMY!!!! I like Choc. Cake w/Vanilla Buttercream.

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 1:15am
post #14 of 15

Happy Birthday icon_biggrin.gif
I've never made my own birthday cake before. It sounds like fun, However, I make the birthday cakes for all of the employees at work as per request from my boss. A week before MY birthday, I was just kidding around and said "well, whose going to decorate me a birthday cake?" and the reply was "oh honey, you don't get a birthday cake. You can have a hamburger." I should have decorated myself a cake that looked like a hamburger. icon_biggrin.gif

noni12601 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noni12601 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 1:30am
post #15 of 15

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! I've never made myself a cake ,when I do I'll make me a chocolate cake iced with bettercreme mixed with chocolate pudding simple but it's my fav.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%