Hello CC!
I found a store in Mexico that has cake decorating classes . They have a class for fondant. One of the recipes is fondant de gamuza. I think they use sweetened condensed milk and/or powder milk to make the recipe.
Does anyone has a fondant recipe that uses any of these ingredients?
Pleaseeeee ![]()
This in interesting. I would say post in the spanish forum. You could take your question and run it through a converter and hope it doesn't come out with the sentence structure in the correct order like it does when you do it the other way around.
If you find one post it here, this sounds interesting.
http://www.gingerbread-house-heaven.com/fondant-recipe.html
found this via Google
The recipe is also commonly used in Czech Republic. They use a powdered milk to make fondant. I have this recipe if that help. But I have to say, it tastes good, but is not as pliable as I would like. Also here in US I find only Fat free powdered milk, and I think that is the problem. BUT I was able to modify the fondant, using gelatin and other ingredients, and it works fine for me. if you are interested, PM me for the modified recipe, it's kind of long to post here.
So, here is the original recipe:
400 g powdered milk
1 can (397g) condensed milk
2 tsp Crisco
almond extract
water your hands when kneed
A friend of mine from a cake decorating class told me how to make condensed milk fondant. I haven't tried it yet, but she makes it by mixing equal amounts of condensed milk and powdered milk and then adds just enough coconut milk to make it into a pliable dough. I have tasted it and it is absolutely delicious. I am not sure it would work to cover an entire cake in this type of fondant because its consistency is more like rolled butter cream. If anyone tries the recipe let me know how it went.
I do, and I love the taste. I am using Michele Foster’s fondant recipe as base, but use half of the pow.sugar and half of powdered milk (must be Nestle Carnation brand, is not grainy) . The powdered milk adds good taste, and I also use Almond extract instead of vanilla. But you will not get pure white color, but more like Ivory.
Quote by @%username% on %date%
%body%