Well, Its Official, I'm A Navy Mom Now..

Lounge By GenGen Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm by GenGen

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:25pm
post #31 of 40

my youngest who is almost 17 is also talking of joining the navy and i couldn't be prouder. i cry now and then cause i do miss my son who is away but i'm happy for him.

what IS getting to me lately though is all the comments like how areyou doing.. how are you holding up.. i don't know how you do it- me i'd go nuts..

and so on and so on

the one that got me this weekend though was

"have you heard from him yet"

i lost count how many Times i heard it. (tears hair out!)

but the nice thing was- (hubby and son #2 went to 4H camp this weekend got back yesterday) the guys came home and hubby checked mail- found a short letter from Oldest son who started his letter off with

"Mom Dad Austin"

Camp is going good, I don't get yelled at as much because i don't screw up. Basically i study and watch other people do it (Intensive Training)

hehe then it goes on to talk about graduation etc.

I loved it. "camp is going good" hehe.. if he's calling it camp then he must be having a good time lol

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:33pm
post #32 of 40

It was the best option for our son. He'll get to go to college for FREE. he will learn responsibility, serve his country, all bonus!!

GenGen Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 10:31pm
post #33 of 40

yup thats what we thought too- was a good way to "finish" growing up,learn stuff they couldn't learn from mom and dad or didn't wanna learn from mom and dad lol. etc

melodyscakes Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:37pm
post #34 of 40

my son is a mess! his room, you can't even get in it..... and he leaves a trail of mess behind him. I can always tell when he is home, or has been home, there is always dishes or a cereal box in the table and clothes on my living room floor. I really sound like a broken record "pick up after yourself" can't wait till the Navy trains the boy. icon_smile.gif
my husband gets upset, and says " he can't be like that in the Navy" I tell him to bit his tongue, let the Navy surprise our messy boy icon_smile.gif hehe

GenGen Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:51pm
post #35 of 40

lol that mess thing is my youngest son to a T. i did a huge cake this weekend (the daisey cake in my photos) and then had to haul kiester to clean the house cause a friend was coming over to take pics for me - my digital doesnt' focus anymore and my phone camera sucks the big one- and then the bday girl was coming to pick up her cake. she ordered it herself from me and i suspect she paid from her own pocket too (long story on mom *sigh)

GenGen Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:52pm
post #36 of 40

woops got off topic lol well at least the mention of youngest son was on topic- he Is considering navy hehe

melodyscakes Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:48am
post #37 of 40

I think the Navy is the best. the other military branches are great also, but for my son, the Navy is perfect.

GenGen Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:57am
post #38 of 40

ours too. hubby was airforce, my brother and his were army- many uncles and grandparents navy army airforce etc. so my son did alot of research. the oldest originally wanted Coast guard since he was in the 6th grade and a few years back asked them for information etc. they refused to talk to him till he was older- basicaly even said so in so many words and just refered him to teh website or something. the recruiter wasn't very polite at all (online/email) so he lost out. we were in lewiston one day (thats the next bigger town down river most places we have to go are in this town an hour away lol) settling an aunts estate and the recruiter station was across the street. so we decided why not go in and listen to what they had to say. he signed up for delayed entry right there. (we made sure to help him know what he was getting in for etc and when he took his final oath he wasn't going in to this blind)

melodyscakes Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:36pm
post #39 of 40

also, FYI the Army recruiters get a bonus per person they sign up.....so the don't always tell the recruits the truth. the Navy does not get a bonus for signing up recruits. we found we got more honesty with the Navy. we did a lot of research!

GenGen Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:58pm
post #40 of 40

yah we did our homework too. had several friends who's son's and daughters had just went through navy bootcamp just prior to alan going in so we were able to get alot of info from them.

just got a second letter from him. he said PT was hard for him but the rest was easy. he did not pass a test for a promotion but was put in charge of something else (i'll find out later) that hubby said usualy ensures a promotion anyways. wants lots of pics and gets his wisdom teeth out in a few days. i hope he gets braces soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%