Cake Help Please

Decorating By mommyjones Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 12:44pm by rhoslyn

mommyjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyjones Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 5

Okay I have a friend that I am making a cake for her budget is $200 but she said she could pay a little more for it if possible. The cake below is what she wants but no drapes but with the pillars and blue roses. She also wants 4 other cmall cakes next to it seperated by pillars also. Do you tink $250 would be a good rpice to charge or should I charge her $300? I have never made such an elabrate cake before and never made a pricy cake so any advice would be good. Thanks
LL

4 replies
PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 5

How many people does she want to serve?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 5

So basically what she wants is a 3 tiered cake covered in fondant w/ satin ribbon and 3 blue gumpaste roses, plus 4 satellite cakes??

I think $250 is an ok price (for a good friend, if you plan on charging just a little more than ingredient costs) but make her buy the pillar/plate set up and get it to you ahead of time!

I could do a 6",8",10" cake with fondant and gumpaste roses for around $300....but you gotta figure all the ingredients for those other 4 cakes AND the pillars....etc.

Even if you do give her this awesome deal..........make sure she knows what that cake WOULD have cost her!

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 5

Okay I just did a little math.
10/6/4 for the tiered cake plus 4 6" satellites. That's about 100ish servings. If it's a *really good* friend I'd do those sizes and those sizes only with fondant, the 3 gumpaste roses, and the gumpaste rose topper for $250. She'd have to supply the pillars and the ribbon.

More guests than 100 would = more $$ in the budget or I couldn't help her.

rhoslyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhoslyn Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 5

I think $250 is the right price for the cake your friend wants, just let her know what price the cake is before you start baking, icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%