Not A Disaster In My Eyes...what Do You Think

Decorating By cabecakes Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 6:50pm by Btrfly578

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:11pm
post #31 of 36

My kids call those people "haters". Haters don't have a nice thing to say about anyone or anything because they're jealous. And just plain mean.
Beautiful cake.
And the netting is a great idea!

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:21pm
post #32 of 36

I guess people just don't have any manners anymore. How inappropriate to blurt out something like that about your cake! After I read your post I thought the picture would be a melted blob but it actually looked good for the circumstances. And the fact you made it, what a wonderful gesture. I say rise above it. There are always people like this that want to spoil an event. Focus on the positive comments from the person you made it for and forget the others.

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:39pm
post #33 of 36

Your cake looks awesome for having sat out in that kind of heat for so long. You did a great job. Don't let that person get you down. It stings when someone criticizes something youve worked so hard on. In your case I think this person was a tad bit jealous or just a nasty individual in general.

My little sister had an outdoor wedding in the worst time of the summer. She decided to let a friend of hers make the cake instead of me. Big chunks of the fondant melted and fell right off the cake during the ceremony. Not a soul there said a single negative thing about it. It didnt look great and tasted awful (it was hot and slimy) but we all ate cake with big cheesy grins on our faces. IMO it would have been rude and inconsiderate to have said anything. Besides, my sister loved her melted cake and thought it was awesome. Her opinion was the only one that mattered.

Dolledupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dolledupcakes Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:47pm
post #34 of 36

Your cake looks very good, and for being outside in the heat it held up pretty well.

The person who made that rude comment, probably had a cheap sheet cake for their wedding.
Take it with a grain of salt. thumbs_up.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:53pm
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Your step daughter will forever remember the wonderful gift you gave her for her wedding, and that is ALL that matters. icon_smile.gif

I wholeheartedly agree with Loucinda's statement. I made my daughter's wedding cake and she will not even acknowledge that there might be a better cake out there. No matter what wedding cake she sees, her comment is always..."mine was better". Oh, and BTW, yours is a great cake and nowhere NEAR a disaster!

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 6:50pm
post #36 of 36

I think it looks great. People can be very mean. Maybe she was jealous. As long as the bride was happy, that's all that matters. Great job. I too am self-taught and I think all the people on CC are wonderful and I have been getting a lot of great tips from so many. : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%