Can You Color With Airbrush Instead

Decorating By ayerim979 Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 2:29pm by ayerim979

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 12:44am
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if you can color fondant with your airbrush instead of kneading the color in?.

For instance Im trying to make a Luau torso cake but figure I just airbrush the body (flesh color), and green hula skirt (of couse I will airbrush then assemble the cake)

Is that possible? I just want to skip that step of kneading (color if possible)

the cake Im trying to make is inspired by: AZCakeGirl hula girl cake.

Well thank you in advance.

4 replies
PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:05am
post #2 of 5

i believe you can, if you watch any of the cake shows alot of them use an airbrush to shade and colour their work. If your not sure how it will look or work you could always airbrush a small piece and see if your happy with the result. HTH good luck

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:13am
post #3 of 5

I do it all the time!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:34am
post #4 of 5

you sure can.. but if you arent used to doing it.. whatever you do, make sure you test your colors out on scrap fondant so you know how much pressure to use with the airbrush, because too much color, so that the fondant gets all wet, will ruin it. Ask me how I know ! icon_lol.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

you sure can.. but if you arent used to doing it.. whatever you do, make sure you test your colors out on scrap fondant so you know how much pressure to use with the airbrush, because too much color, so that the fondant gets all wet, will ruin it. Ask me how I know ! icon_lol.gif

Ha.... thats exactly why I was asking I know how fondant gets when it gets wet and I have been waiting to use my airbrush but I m just a little a scared.

Thank you for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%