Number Cake

Decorating By linda9588 Updated 19 Jan 2007 , 8:04pm by cupcake

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 8

my son is turning 13 next month and i always do he theme partys but this year he is having a teen party and does not want a theme so i wanted to do him a cake with the shape 13 on it but i dont know how to do that and i cant find any number pans were i live can anybody please help thanks

7 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 8

I did a number 18 cake for our youngest daughter. Carved the #1 out of a 9x13 cake, and did the 8 with two 6" rounds, cutting circles out of the middles after baking. You could do something similar with the #3.

I just did one layer each, but if you need LOTS of cake you could do two layers.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 8

I just finished a cupcake cake last night in the shape of a letter B. my 1st attempt.. it was pretty easy overall just wan't satisfied with my own icing color, but that wouldn't be a problem for you. It took about 18 cupcakes to do a full size B on a large board, you could do the same with the 13.... just a thought. I will post a pic later today after I finish the actual party cake that goes with it.. good luck.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 8

this may help
LL

sinderella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sinderella Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 8

wow, doug, that is awesome!!! thanks

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 7:45pm
post #7 of 8

Leave it to Doug! He always has the coolest drawings! That was what I meant by doing the #3 ... I just couldn't explain it as well as this draws it out. Should work just fine.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 8

I always make a pattern for my cake numbers or letters. I bake the appropriate size cake that I want, freeze it slightly, put my pattern on top, and cut it out. I prefer this way as you have no seams to put together. The remaining cake, depending on size can be used for smash cakes, or cake balls.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%