Damask Stencil Help

Decorating By RobzC8kz Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 7:11pm by sweettreat101

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Fellow CC'ers!!

I need to make a damask wedding cake, and I'm eye-balling the stencils. But I've never used stencils like that before, so I have a couple questions.

1.) Are the stencils flexible enough to go around a round cake???

2.) What R.I. recipe is best?

3.) Is there an edible image I can buy instead??

Any help is appreciated!!

Rob

2 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 3:52am
post #2 of 3

I got one of the damask stencils from GSA and it is definitely flexible enough to go around the cake. I haven't used it yet, but have used another stencil with pretty good success. I used bc though so can't answer your question on RI.
I'm pretty sure you can send a damask image to have an edible image done, I know I saw a website referenced here, you could probably google it.
hope that helps some

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 3

There is an edible image you can purchase instead it's at sugarkraftcom I spelled craft wrong because it will block website post. I used a stencil a couple of weeks ago for my brothers wedding cake. One the stencil was to tall so I had to trim it down just to use it. It was 4 1/2 inches tall don't know why most cakes are 4 inches. It was kind of hard to try to hold the stencil and apply the frosting. I had to have my daughter place her finger on the edge of the stencil a couple of times until I got the icing started. I used the stencil on butter cream not fondant. You need to make sure that your frosting is not to stiff but not to thin were it will run under the sides of the stencil. I practiced on a piece of cardboard before applying to the sides of my cake. Don't try to use royal on butter cream it does not work. Someone told me to use royal and it was a mess. I had to re frost one of my cakes because it was melting. I would use butter cream on butter cream and royal on fondant. Looks really nice but a huge pain in the but especially if you are using dark colors and have never done it before. If you can't find it on their site email them and they will send you a link.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%