Quilting Effect When Using Diamond Impression Mat Or Tool?

Decorating By HobbyCaker Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 5:53am by lswren

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 6

I have seen a lot of cakes using the diamond impression effect on the sides, some are flat some have that puffy effect. How do you achieve that? I can get the flat effect, but can't seem to get it to be puffy, what is the secret? TIA

If this is a topic that has been covered, please excuse me, I did a search but didn't come up with anything but pictures of cakes with that effect, wish the search feature worked better.

5 replies
HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 6

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU! thumbs_up.gif to Laventure, I found a cake in the galleries with this effect that she did, I pm'd her and she answered right back giving me complete instructions on how she achieved this look. Now, the question is, can I do it. Gonna practice until I get it right. Again Thank you, laventure! I appreciate your help. icon_wink.gif

iver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iver Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 6

HobbyCaker

Would you share the tips with us? Thanks.

Iver

iver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iver Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 6

HobbyCaker

Would you share the tips with us? Thanks.

Iver

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 6

I am also looking for information on this.... any tutuorials would be greatly appreciated!

lswren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lswren Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 5:53am
post #6 of 6

How do I mark a fondant cake for a quilted pattern. I would appricate any help , it is for a wedding cake and I have to finish it tonight. thanks. lswren

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%