Fbct

Decorating By chleonard Updated 19 Jan 2007 , 4:35pm by linda9588

chleonard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chleonard Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 3

i have never done a FBCT, so i have a few questions... does the bc have to be the crusting-type? has anyone tried it with Italian (or Swiss) meringue buttercream? can you do the same thing with royal icing, but just let it harden instead of freezing it? thanks for your help.

2 replies
justduit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justduit Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 3

I have done it with royal icing before I knew about FBCT, and it works OK, but takes a long time to dry completely, and I have had problems with the transfer cracking. Look at the college seal on the graduation cake in my gallery for an example of this (also the bionicle logo and bionicle mask of light cakes used that technique). I used FBCT last weekend using the recipe from the tutorial, and it turned out fantastic. Much easier than using royal, and it looked better too.

Mark

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 3

i have done alot of fbct i use wiltons buttercream forsting recipe outline it first freeze it a little bit then fill it in the colors you want then freeze it for like an hour an it comes out great you can look at my photos there is alot of cakes that i did with fbct if you any more help pm me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%