I Am Starting My Kitchen This Week!!!!!!!!

Business By Rachie204 Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 12:41am by MomMiller

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:29am
post #1 of 14

I am so excited...after trying to save I have enough money to re-sheet rock our old kitchen and get my counters....! Hopefully I will be up and running and fully licensed by the end of the year! Just had to share....

13 replies
Creative_Cookies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:43am
post #2 of 14

Congratulations!!! That is exciting.

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:46am
post #3 of 14

Congratulations! thumbs_up.gif That is so exciting! Be sure to post pictures.

Creative_Cookies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 4:20am
post #4 of 14

Yes pictures that is a great idea! thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:49am
post #5 of 14

How exciting!! I remember how I was when we started redoing my kitchen. We knocked a wall out and made my kitchen over twice as big as it originally was. It is now 27x15. icon_smile.gif You'll LOVE it when it is done. thumbs_up.gif

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 12:14pm
post #6 of 14

Congrats! How exciting icon_smile.gif

cakeglitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeglitz Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 12:47pm
post #7 of 14

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!! I've been tossing this idea around for a few months now...just not sure if I'm ready. I have a full time job so right now this is just a hobby...however my DH informs me regularly that I have an expensive hobby lol!! I just started cake decorating at the beginning of this year but I'm totally obsessed now. How do you know your ready to take that next step? It's on my mind every day. I'd like to hear form you guys...should you give yourself a couple of years of experience before you try to start a business? Thoughts???

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 12:56pm
post #8 of 14

Congratulations!!!! It's so exciting to start "new" again!! I'm there with ya!! We are waiting on estimates to see how much it's going to be to actually add a kitchen onto the house. We should hear something today or tomorrow. I need to separate the home from the business!!

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:51pm
post #9 of 14

Thanks girls for your support....I am dreading the mess that is going to come along with pulling old sheet rock down but I know it will be worth it.

Cakeglitz~To be honest I would not be doing this if it weren't for the grace of God....he planned out every detail perfectly for me. When we moved into this house there was an old nasty kitchen and a newer one. We of course used the newer one and gutted the old one leaving up only old holy sheet rock and the hook ups for appliances were still there. I had been whining to my husband for the past 3 years "will you at least pull those hook ups out and sheet rock that room so I dont have to look at that mess....just make it look like a normal sitting room or something".....then I became cake obsessed and boy am I glad we never did anything with it because some new sheet rock, counters and some appliances and we will be all set. Inspector said I just need to have a dividing door between the kitchen and other room. I think you will know when you are ready...i stay home with my kids so that gives me a little more time but not much....For me we are only looking at around $1000 so it isn't that big of a risk.....vs. if I had to have a whole building built or something

KittisKakes~Good luck....I hope you hear great things!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 11:47pm
post #10 of 14

Congratulations!

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:00am
post #11 of 14

Congrats!

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:10am
post #12 of 14

New kitchens are exciting. I had a dated 1960 kitchen. When we bought the house we replaced the built in cooktop and hood only because I broke it on purpose.. oops I mean accident..lol. We had a wall oven that was turquoise that we couldnt afford to replace so I had to live with it. Even the counter tops were original to the house. Everything was very clean and looked like brand new so I lived with it. We'll a fire started in our kitchen when I was making a cake for a customer. Our whole kitchen was destroyed. We'll the kitchen cabinets were solid wood so insurance replaced the cabinets at a price for high grade. It allowed us to add more counter and cabinets to our already large kitchen with a very nice oak cabinet. I now have 39 cabinets and 14 drawers! Yet, still no room for all the cake stuff. I have racks in the basement for cake stuff and now we are going to add a kitchen to the basement and it is going to be all for my cake business. I can't wait.

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:38am
post #13 of 14

Awesome!!!!!!!!!

MomMiller Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomMiller Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:41am
post #14 of 14

And I thought I was doing great just buying a new oven. I am so jealous, no, no not jealous, exceedingly happy for you!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%