What's Diff Tween Muffin And Cake? Need Cchip Muffin Cake

Decorating By DreamCakeBaker007 Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 1:11pm by DreamCakeBaker007

DreamCakeBaker007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamCakeBaker007 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 4

I have a client that wants a chocolate chip muffin flavored cake with the taste and texture of the muffin, but much lighter like a cake. Can it be done? I am having difficulty with the science of it and am not sure what to add to ch. chip muffin mix or use white, pound or yellow cake base...confused!!! Help if you can! Thanks! icon_lol.gif

3 replies
joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:05am
post #2 of 4

not exactly sure, but I heard a saying once, "cake is cake, even if it's shaped liek a muffin"

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 4

I have the cake mix doctor books and she has a recipe for choco chip muffins that use a cake mix and mini choco chips. I have never made them so I am not sure on the texture but if you would like the recipe I will send it to you.

DreamCakeBaker007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamCakeBaker007 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 4

Jaime, thanks....that would be great! I was kinda going to do the same. I have a white cake recipe that I'm going to add a choclolate chip muffin mix to, and add addtl cchips...if yours is simillar, no need to put out the trouble. I do appreciate it and am curious though to see it though! Your choice!

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%