Problems With Wilton Fanci Fountain.

Decorating By belovedcakes Updated 25 Oct 2019 , 9:03pm by eastercand

belovedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belovedcakes Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 10

I recently purchased a wilton fanci fountain for a wedding cake I have due tomorrow. I pulled it out of the box tonight to see what it would be like to adjust the flow and everything. It will not suck up the water into the fountain. Is there anything I can do or check on this thing?

9 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:09am
post #2 of 10

Check to see if you have enough water? other than that I have no idea, wish that I could be of more assistance.

foodguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foodguy Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:11am
post #3 of 10

The water must be nearly to the top of the bowl for the pump to work.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:27am
post #4 of 10

Yep... it's not filled enough. You can pull up on the floater whether you have water in it or not to see if it works... the light bulb should come on and you should be able to hear the pump. Remember to add even more water to it after setup, because if some evaporation occurs and it shuts off no one at the venue will no why it quit working!

eastercand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eastercand Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 10

Okay ladies, I have figured out the problem with the Wilton Fountain in which the water will not travel up the fountain. The propeller is sitting in a small round magnet. This propeller is just spinning aimlessly in it. Have a bit of epoxy put in the hole of the magnet and put your propeller in it. Since I've had that done, no more issues with the fountain; works great. Hope this helps.

Enticing Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enticing Cakes Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 10

okay, i have the fanci fountain, and I had the same problem that everyone has. I tried your method with the silicone, and guess what, ---it worked. Thanks for your advice, and I hope other people with the same problem use this advice---thanks again

Elydgo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elydgo Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 1:31am
post #7 of 10

i just bought the fountain and it makes a ton of noise because the pump is working is that normal?

maiden19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maiden19 Posted 24 May 2014 , 8:58am
post #8 of 10

hello.... I have just sent off for the wilton fanci fountain for my wedding  cake in dec 2014, and just read your review  may I ask what is epoxy ?? im in the uk is this a type of glue ???

eastercand Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 12:45am
post #9 of 10

Like a clear silicone that comes out of a tube, if you have like a Lowes or Home Depot they will be able to help you find that product.

eastercand Posted 25 Oct 2019 , 9:03pm
post #10 of 10

Problems With Wilton Fanci Fountain.Here is the picture of what we did to keep the fountain from making so much noise.  Hope this helps ... a little silicone keeps the propeller from moving all over the place.  Make sure you let dry, then fill up the water till it covers the propeller motor, it will take some time for it to get totally up the fountain to come out the top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%