What Dahlia Cutter Made This Beautiful Flower?

Decorating By wrightway777 Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 3:45pm by wrightway777

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 9

I would have to say this is one of my favorite dahlias I have seen done in gumpaste. Does anyone know what cutter produced this? I've got to have it!

http://greenthumbchronicles.blogspot.com/search/label/sugar

8 replies
jqorso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 9

it is a beautiful flower. I think the beauty is not so much in the cutting and forming of the flower but also in the shading. Start with yellow gumpaste of fondant, then run orange on the top part of the petal then red on the edges. Blending the colors to give it that natural effect.

wrightway777 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:23pm
post #4 of 9

I can see the shading part and understand how to achieve that but there must be a sharper cutter than the one jqorso noted. See the tips of each petal...sharp and crisp. I have checked the "s" site (that shall not be mentioned), I have checked GSA and several others even Scott W sites. But no one has a cutter for a Dahlia. Amazing....maybe everyones using a different flower cutter to achieve a Dahlia....any thoughts?

cath1492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cath1492 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 12:13pm
post #5 of 9

That flower was made by a nurse here in Georgia who took classes from Nicholas Lodge. Maybe he used the dahlia cutter on his website (MC217)
Cathie

Justforfun751 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justforfun751 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 12:37pm
post #6 of 9

Nicholas Lodge's website doesn't show a picture of them, but I bet that cath1492 is right!

wrightway777 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks! Thats gotta be it. I found a picture of the cutters here:
http://www.cakecarousel.com/cakecarousel/cakecarousel.php?action=showitems&id=22

I'm pretty sure thats it, thanks!

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 9:47pm
post #8 of 9

wrightway....did you end up ordering these cutters? (I'm assuming you are talking about the dahlia cutters on the link you posted)...I need to make Dahlias soon.....will you let me know if they work?

wrightway777 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:45pm
post #9 of 9

just in case anyone is still wondering. I ordered the cutters and made some great dahlias with it. I'm back from the across state Wedding that went exquisitely wonderful! The sugar flowers had everyone floored I am going to try to upload them this week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%