Cowgirl Cake Topper

Decorating By PennySue Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 1:01am by PennySue

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 13

I made this topper for my grandaughter's 2nd birthday cake coming up this weekend. Its made from clay not gumpaste as I wanted it to be a keepsake for her. It is my first attempt at sculpting something out of clay and I think after this, I'll stick with gumpaste, its a bit more forgiving. I am happy with the results though.
LL

12 replies
HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 13

This is adorable, and what a nice keepsake for your grandaughter. Now you will have to make her something new every birthday, ha! I know she will love it.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 13

Very Cute!!

I have to make a cowgirl for my oldest daughters birthday! Oh yeah but she has to look like jessie from toy story. I sure hope I can do it!!

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 13

How incredibly adorable!!!!! I'm a horse person (work with them for a living) and I want one of these for myself!!!! LOL.

CTamiLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTamiLynn Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 13

That is just too stinkin cute! Was this done without a mold?

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 5:01pm
post #6 of 13

Wow !!!

I love, love your topper. I know shes going to keep this for ever. You did a wonderful job !!!

PennySue Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTamiLynn

That is just too stinkin cute! Was this done without a mold?

Yes, I couldn't find one that suited my needs so I sort of winged it by looking at pictures on the web and going from there. Thanks for the sweet comments. I was feeling a bit of guilt because it was not edible.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 13

Absolutely adorable! I've never tried modeling with clay, but am addicted to fondant modeling. Your work is wonderful!

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:59pm
post #9 of 13

Oh its adorable!! I wish I could learn how to do sculpt ANYTHING. This looks soooo good!!

jqorso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jqorso Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:05pm
post #10 of 13

What a neat idea to use clay for the topper! It makes it look like it could be fondant so it would go with cake really well, but you get to keep it forever!

PennySue Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 3:57pm
post #11 of 13

Well, here it is on the cake. Sorry the pics are not too good. The cake was 12x15, 2 layer vanilla butter cake with lemon curd and fresh strawberries for filling. BCF and gumpaste on the outside. The letters were done to look like wood. I have a neat font "Burnstown Dam" that was just what I wanted so I just sort of copied it. All and all I was very happy with how it turned out. Thank you all for your sweet comments.
LL
LL

ugamommy28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ugamommy28 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 5:52pm
post #12 of 13

Do you ever make these and sell them? I am very interested in having one of these as my daughters cake topper. If so, I would love to order one!! Her party is on January 22.

PennySue Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 1:01am
post #13 of 13

No, I haven't made anymore since this one. In fact, I'm not doing cakes any longer. This was my first attempt at something like this and I bet with a bit of practice, you could do it too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%