Transporting Cakes

Decorating By Tabithascakes Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 10:13pm by metria

Tabithascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tabithascakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 6

Hello, i am "new" to this and was wondering how all of you transport your LARGE cakes. i havent found any really huge cake boxes...i am making a guitar cake and afraid it may get ruined while delivering thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 6

I put shelf liner down under the cake in the back of my suburban and drive real slow.

visa3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
visa3 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 6

The shelf liner works great! No sliding, and be sure your cake is on a sturdy board- wood works best for me, on large cakes. Otherwise any "give" to the board { foam } tends to crack the icing. At least with buttercreme. Hope this helps. Good luck and be sure to post picture when your done. Clarissa

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 6

yes - i live by shelf liner as well!

jqorso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jqorso Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 6

It also helps to put up a sign in your car saying you are transporting cake. Then people don't tail gate as much. And they are less rude about your extra cautious driving.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 6

i've never transported a large cake before, but i recall other posts suggesting you have excellent support under your cake, not just cardboard. get a good, straight wood panel to hold your cake level, especially if it's long like a guitar cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%