Ideas For Transporting 150 Cuppies

Baking By Bean123 Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 1:11pm by craftigrl

Bean123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bean123 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:49am
post #1 of 17

hi, I am making 150 cupcakes for a wedding and have to transport them over an hour....I was just wondering what methods everyone uses so they don't get messed up?!?! I was thinking about putting them in those under the bed storage containers.....any other suggestions??

16 replies
Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 1:03am
post #2 of 17

Those containers work great. I also use cookie sheets (the bigger the better) to transport cupcakes, or large cupcake boxes (I use them over and over) No matter what I use, I always use rubber lining on the bottom to keep them from sliding into each other. icon_smile.gif

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 17

I'm doing 150 for July and I am using pop/beer flats to transport them the bride has nice trays and a stand to put them on at the reception so this is a cheap/convenient way to transport them

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 17

I had a surprise 40th is Feb with 160 cupcakes and I put them right in 2 big old sheet boxes with the cake sheet boards.. It worked out perfect because I actually decorated them right in the box, closed them up, put them in the jeep and was off..

Bean123 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 11:28am
post #5 of 17

those ideas sound great!
what do you put in between them to make sure they don't fall over?? or will a rubber pad prevent them from sliding and tipping?

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 17

I put one of those rubber kitchen cabinet pads in the boxes over the boards.. They helped having them not slide.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:44pm
post #7 of 17

bread crates.

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:18pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean123

hi, I am making 150 cupcakes for a wedding and have to transport them over an hour....I was just wondering what methods everyone uses so they don't get messed up?!?! I was thinking about putting them in those under the bed storage containers.....any other suggestions??

I just LOVE this idea! I have those on hand already...I put ice in them for people to put food & condiments in for parties to keep everything cold & laid out. With using for the cupcakes, you also not only have them protected by using the rubber non slip mat in the bottom, but you have a top to keep the elements out! Great idea! Thanks for posting this! thumbs_up.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 17

I use a full sheet box OR those under the bed boxes (depending on how many cc I have) and I buy the foil cupcake pans (3 for $1) and glue them to the bottom of the box. Then you can set each cupcake in the hole, pop on the lid and you're off. No worries about them tipping over or sliding into eachother!

Bean123 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:13pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I use a full sheet box OR those under the bed boxes (depending on how many cc I have) and I buy the foil cupcake pans (3 for $1) and glue them to the bottom of the box. Then you can set each cupcake in the hole, pop on the lid and you're off. No worries about them tipping over or sliding into eachother!

thats a fantastic idea!! that will work perfectly and I won't be worried about them bumping into each other in the car!! thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

kodeblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kodeblue Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:42pm
post #11 of 17

This is what we use. Works great if you have a couple of these.

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=8099&step=4

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 12:59am
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeblue

This is what we use. Works great if you have a couple of these.

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=8099&step=4

Whoa! These are what COSTCO sold for $16.00 not too long ago & they came in 4 different colors! Maybe they will get them back in their warehouse again for those that missed out. thumbs_up.gif

kodeblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kodeblue Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 1:07am
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATHIESKREATIONS

Whoa! These are what COSTCO sold for $16.00 not too long ago & they came in 4 different colors! Maybe they will get them back in their warehouse again for those that missed out. thumbs_up.gif

I am not sure where my wife bought these. I just did a quick google search and found the link for these ones but they are the same as the ones we have. They do work very well for transporting too.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 7:54pm
post #14 of 17

I use these containers all the time for both customer pick-up and large deliveries.

http://www.brenmarco.com/aspx/ProductDetail.aspx?i=12959

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 3:57pm
post #15 of 17

I like those plastic clamshell containers because it keeps the cupcakes in place, but they are so hard to get out once you go to set them up. I took 75 cupcakes to a party last weekend, and I couldn't get them out without messing up the icing. I ended up using a plastic knife to wedge them out, and it was still a pain.
Does anyone know of containers where the well isn't so deep? I like the disposable ones because you can leave them with the client and don't have to worry about getting the nicer carriers (Cupcake Courier, etc.) back. Any suggestions?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 4:04pm
post #16 of 17

I bought a case of the 14x19" cupcake inserts (2 dozen) then just put them in the 14x19" cake boxes. The case I bought has lasted me well over a year (I don't do a ton of cupcakes) so I always have them when I need them. Transporting 125 wedding cupcakes today in them....

craftigrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftigrl Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 1:11pm
post #17 of 17

I use the clear, plastic cupcake containers. I found them online at cuptainers.com and I think I paid $49.00 for 100 packs that hold a dozen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%