Mini Dessert Bar

Lounge By cr8zchpr Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 2:06pm by Jeannem

cr8zchpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cr8zchpr Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 5

I was commissioned to make a wedding cake along with a dessert bar spread. They are asking for chocolate mousse to be one the dessert. My question is this does anyone know how long the mousse can sit out on display, they want me to set up the dessert bar before the reception and their guest will have access after dinner so it will sit for about 3 hours unrefrigerated but in and air conditioned room, any suggestions...

4 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:16am
post #2 of 5

Pipe the mousse into plastic shot or wine glasses and then set into a dish filled with crushed ice. The ice will keep the mousse chilled and safe.

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:31am
post #3 of 5

I agree with prterrell...I did this recently..it worked great. It reminded me of shrimp at a buffet icon_wink.gif only beautiful and delicious!!

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 7:01am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Pipe the mousse into plastic shot or wine glasses and then set into a dish filled with crushed ice. The ice will keep the mousse chilled and safe.

This is a great idea, and I'm drooling just thinking about it! icon_biggrin.gif

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 5

Good idea to put the mousse on ice--but I assume you'll be doing a lot of these desserts. 3 Hours is really unrealistic to have desserts sit out--the ice will melt, the bowl will sweat...and unless you put a sign out, the guests will more than likely not wait.
If you're doing more than one dessert, I might suggest putting out the items that will hold without refrigeration (cupcakes,cookies,etc), and putting the mousse out just before service.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%