So Sad Birds Drenched In Oil

Lounge By moreCakePlz Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 12:33pm by KHalstead

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 7

It breaks my heart to see what the oil spill is doing to the wildlife of South Louisiana. Look at this poor pelican drenched in oil. Here is a link to see more picture (if you can handle it).

http://www.wwltv.com/news/slideshows/Birds-drenched-in-oil-near-Grand-Terre-Island-95576829.html?gallery=y&c=y&img=0
LL

6 replies
JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:05am
post #2 of 7

such an enormous disaster.......

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 7

I can't watch it, it makes me cry everytime I see them. They need to do WHATEVER it takes to FIX this. It is so heartbreaking. icon_sad.gif

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 2:11am
post #4 of 7

I'm not turning a blind eye to it; but I have a real difficult time looking at the pictures. It seriously breaks my heart. This whole thing was such a disaster. First the loss of life, then watching all of those gallons of oil flowing through the ocean floor (I can't watch that either!), knowing that there would be only more loss of life. Then not knowing the long term effects to wildlife, the environment and anyone associated with the fishing industry. icon_sad.gif I wish they would fix it already.

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 3:22am
post #5 of 7

It is heartbreaking. I live like 10 min from Shell beach, Delacroix, etc. and all my neighbors are fishermen. They are out of work but down there helping out and they say to see the wildlife personally makes them cry everyday. They need to get this under control now. My dad is a state rep. and I know they are trying to take control from BP so they can use every resource that is given them.

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 12:17am
post #6 of 7

My prayers go to those on the gulf coast effected. Our favorite vacation spot is down there on the florida coast. I just hate the thought of all that is being damaged.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 12:33pm
post #7 of 7

I think all the big shots at BP should have to live in the areas affected, so they can see how it's affecting EVERY form of life...not just birds, but the people, the entire ecosystem is drastically suffering from it all!

It's so incredibly sad!

Seems almost like the BP people are more relaxed than they might be if this oil was affecting their home country and their families and their jobs and their food supply!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%