Question Regarding Star War Cakes

Decorating By Breezebay Updated 3 Dec 2013 , 11:47am by Smckinney07

Breezebay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Breezebay Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:36am
post #1 of 9

Hello Everyone. My little boy will be 6 on his Birthday and he wants a Star Wars cake. I have never attempted to make a cake like any of the ones on here. I can get the tips and pan that would be needed. I looked through the gallery and saw just a few star war cakes. I really like the one of Yoda standing up. How do you get him to stand up like that? and what kind of pan would you use?

Also do any of you have any ideas on star war cakes? Theres not really alot of options to choose from. I would love to make my lil boy happy on his B-Day! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
harrisinusa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisinusa Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:43am
post #2 of 9

You could use a wilton sports ball pan and decorate it as the death star, then use some toy figurine fighters on sticks like they are flying around. That would be not too difficult.

Enjoy!

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 3:01am
post #3 of 9

I did a Darth Vader cake, it was not too complicated. PM me if you want instructions.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1169854

Breezebay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Breezebay Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:20am
post #4 of 9

What about this one ?
http://darthmojo.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/chewbacca.jpg
How do you think you would make it ?

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 9

I did a Star Wars cake (I have 3 Star Wars fanatics in my house)...covered a simple cake in blue fondant, added little star shaped quins and made a fondant Yoda for the top/letters for side. You could do a toy on top just as easily if modelling isn't your thing. It's in my gallery. Not my original idea, worked from an image a friend sent me. Simple.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jocakes Posted 5 Jun 2010 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 9

I made a Yoda and an R2D2 (in my pictures). R2D2 is 6" rounds and then half a wilton soccer ball for the head. Covered in fondant the arms and foot are all made from ready made rice krispy treats. I used some tea straws as supports. R2 was half vanilla half choc inside and i used a 6" cardboard round to divide with supports under.

Yoda again was 6" rounds for the body, (again use straws and cardboard rounds half way for support) very slightly carved to round down to a body shape. The big cape means the body doesn't need to be perfect the shape comes from the fondant. The head is all rice krispy treats molded. the ears were gumpaste on cocktail sticks, the head I used a couple of lollipop sticks sold for making chocolate lollies and stuck those into the cake, the rest is fondant except the cane which was half fondant half gumpaste.

MrsSaady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsSaady Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 9:46am
post #8 of 9

AHi baking girl,

I was wondering if you could help me with instructions for the darth vader cake. I need to have ready by 6 December. Cakes are baked just have to assemble

Many thanks

Sunny

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 3 Dec 2013 , 11:47am
post #9 of 9

Ahttp://www.pinterest.com/jimnerica/cake-decorating-how-to/

There's a pictorial for a darth head on this page. If you want a different one just google 'Darth V Cake Tutorial' I found several :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%