Ever Forget A Cake Order????

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 7:54pm by DeeDelightful

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:17pm
post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTs

I honestly burn about a whole loaf of bread a month. I can't understand it.

It's almost a thanksgiving tradition that we burn the dinner rolls! I think it's because they are the very last thing that goes in the oven, and we're scurrying around doing the last minute things and we just ALWAYS forget about them!

If you saw off the burned bottoms, they're not TOO bad! icon_rolleyes.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 7:59pm
post #32 of 41

On the flip side---we went to a funeral home for a wake once--and we got there the day BEFORE the deceased.

milly-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milly-mel Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 8:15pm
post #33 of 41

when i was a baby my mum parked me and my coach built pram outside a shop.... she got all the way to her mums and only when my gran ask 'where's the baby' that she realised she had left me outside the shop!!!! i was there for a good half an hour at least!!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 9:55pm
post #34 of 41

Once I forgot an order. We had to go to a funeral the day I was suppoussed to bake, and I completely forgot, until the called me the next morning asking for the cake....

She hadn't paid so I offered the girl a coupon for the price of the cake I forgot for her next purchase, and she accepted it with my appologies....

As it turned out I'd been having thyrod problems without knowing and I wasn't myself....Not to say that now I double check my work pad every time.

eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 10:00pm
post #35 of 41

As far as I know I have not done this yet, but I did recently meet a lady who was certain that she or her daughter had asked me to do a cake and that I had said that I was unable to take it on at the time. I am 99.999 percent sure it did not happen. I am new enough at this that it is a fairly big deal to me still when someone asks me for a cake. Especially if I don't know them from Adam.

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:32pm
post #36 of 41

KH: I just noticed your signature: Congrats on those 20lbs!!!

I'm around the 15 lbs lost mark....

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:55pm
post #37 of 41

I was the driver to a concert back in high school. It was 3 of us going. We were running late so we ran to the car and took off. About 10-15 minutes, I realized that one my friends were unusually quiet (she's the talker of the bunch). Looked back in the mirror and realized she wasn't there. OMG...turned around and went back to the house. She was sitting on the front porch with her arms crossed. I apparently did not unlock the back door for her and drove off with her literally holding on to the handle. We laugh about it now, but she was so angry at me that night . icon_biggrin.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 5:58pm
post #38 of 41

Well I have an egg story for you also.

A Special Ed teacher was boiling some eggs for her students (high school). It was for their Easter Party the next day. She and the kids left campus to go on a field trip and forgot to turn off the burner.

Next thing that happened was the fire alarm went off and the entire school had to be evacuated. We stood outside for hours until they could get the smoke out of the building.

The next day the same teacher brought deviled eggs to the teacher's lounge and had purposely died the yokes black to tease the teachers about the burnt eggs.

By the way, we did not get upset with her because she is known for her bad luck, she was struck by lightning twice and now has a metal plate in her brain.

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:23pm
post #39 of 41

We used to run a balloon company. Got an order for a 40th birthday bouquet to be delivered to the recipients workplace. We forgot. Everyone was standing around waiting. Nasty message on our phone when we got home.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:33pm
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

next week won't be much better, I'll be starting on Monday to get everything done for Fri and Saturday orders next week (no more procrastinating and waiting until TUESDAY to start stuff lol)

I have 12 dozen cookies and 8 sheet cakes going for Fri. and Sat. next week!

why oh why do I do this?? Oh yeah, I'm running a business!!

Doesn't help any that it's like 95 degrees here and I have no ac either!

Thanks for the votes of confidence though!!! I know I"ll get through it, but why does it have to be so rough????????????????/

Forgot to add I took an order for 10 mini cupcakes bouquets for Friday too...hahahha...........what is wrong with me?????????????????????

Oh and oddly enough, this past Saturday I had a cake that nobody picked up! So I guess my customers are just as forgetful as I am!!!!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 7:54pm
post #41 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTs

I honestly burn about a whole loaf of bread a month. I can't understand it.

It's almost a thanksgiving tradition that we burn the dinner rolls! I think it's because they are the very last thing that goes in the oven, and we're scurrying around doing the last minute things and we just ALWAYS forget about them!

If you saw off the burned bottoms, they're not TOO bad! icon_rolleyes.gif

Saw off the bottoms and save the good part for stuffing (dressing) for Christmas dinner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%