Then And Now

Decorating By noahsmummy Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 3:46am by noahsmummy

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 7

Just wanted to say thankyou for all the things ive learnt on cc. icon_biggrin.gif

i was looking back on my photos and found a tea cup cake i made for my house warming just under a year ago.. and ive just completed my latest teapot cake.. the difference is welll... ill let you judge for yourself. icon_twisted.gif

i still got lots to learn, but i think if i keep hanging around on cc, ill eventually get there thumbs_up.gif

so thanks! and yes.. those are mini marshmellows thread on toothpicks for the handle of the teacup... icon_redface.gif until cc, i had nvere heard of "fondant" or "gumpaste"...lol icon_surprised.gif
LL
LL

6 replies
denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 4:22am
post #2 of 7

Isn't it fun to see the difference over time??!! I keep a photo album of just cakes I made. It is fun to look them over and remember the lesson I learned from some of them. Like I needed to learn to make a better red and green for a Christmas cake, and that there is such a thing as too many scrolls and dots on a cake.

noahsmummy Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 4:16am
post #3 of 7

oh yes i love it! there is only a year between those cakes, so i cant wait to compare the cakes i make in 5 years time to these ones.. should be interesting..lol

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 4:21am
post #4 of 7

which one did you do first? hmm.. I am just teasing you !! icon_lol.gif
wow. it is amazing when we look back and see how far we have come. There was an old commercial.. the catch phrase was.. "You've come a long way baby". icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:12am
post #5 of 7

icon_lol.gif Yes tesso I remember that commercial. It was a cigarette commerical. for Virginia Slims I think icon_lol.gif Telling off on my age aren't I. icon_smile.gif

It is amazing how much difference a year can make. Of course noahsmummy I think both of your cakes are adorable. My daughter and I were talking about this very thing this morning.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 5:58am
post #6 of 7

I tell my students always to take photos. Its amazing how much we grow. I found my first Calla lilies and
I have to blog about them so people can see and laugh at my beginings!..Those are the worst
calla lilies I have ever seen! Good job with your progress!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

noahsmummy Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 3:46am
post #7 of 7

ohh my heart deadset dropped when i read that first line tesso. lol. i still cant get over my marshmallows threaded on toothpicks as a handle.. i remember there were the sharp bits poking out so i had to jab random ones everywhere so no one pricked themselves. haha.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%