My Own "scientific" Experiment ...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 27 May 2010 , 2:44pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 27 May 2010 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 6

Hi All!

Please notice how I have scientific in quotation marks!!! =) Last week I posted a thread about baking a cake on Thursday night and if it will still be ok to eat on Sunday afternoon about 2:00.

I had a lot of replies saying it will be just fine! Anyone who posted, please do not take offense to this new posting. I was just curious =)

I baked a cake on Monday about 12:00 noon and left it in a cake box. This was a BARE cake, no icing or fondant to cover. No filling either. Just 1 layer. Well.......it is Thursday morning and it is still moist and delious!!!!!!

Just figured I would let you folks in on my "scientific" experiment.......nothing really scintific about it =)

By the way.....This was a WASC recipe found on this site....

Thanks

5 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 6

I love experiments - now, one thing, was this a cake that was made from "scratch" or was it one that was from a box mix? Thanks for the update! (don't want to get hot button topic started, but just was wondering - I think they might perform differently)

Mikel79 Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 6

Oops...I forgot that.....

It was the WASC recipe found on this sit...

Thanks..

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 6

If I'm reading this correctly sounds like your readers were right on the mark. I bake my cakes thursday for the week end and have never had a complaint.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 27 May 2010 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks! Just wanted to know what recipe was used....that is good info! That is my GO TO recipe....biggest seller here. I did some experiments with it a few years ago too. I love it, always dependable and comes out perfect every time! icon_smile.gif

Mikel79 Posted 27 May 2010 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, I have to agree!! I have also changed to WASC for my cakes, what a difference!!

=)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%