Baby Shower Cake With Hunting Theme? Cake!

Decorating By LukeRubyJoy Updated 19 Jan 2007 , 6:29pm by tastycakes

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 5:24am
post #1 of 5

Hi all....so, the only things I know so far is that the Dad and Mom are really into hunting, that the baby (boy) will have a camo themed room. This will be their only child. I was kind of thinking of making camo out of fondant, but with shades of light blue/gray/white...then perhaps a sleeping baby figure on the top?

Anyone have any better ideas? Thanks a bunch![/i]

4 replies
elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 5:34am
post #2 of 5

Do you plan on putting a saying on it? You could do a play on the word hunting and say something like hunting for the perfect little treasure. Or he's right on target. ?? Daddy's new hunting buddy. ?? I also have a picture in my head of an Anne Geddes type thing with a baby sleeping in pj's that look like a teddy bear or deer with little stuffed antlers or something. I think Precious Moments has some figurines that look like kids dressed up like forest animals. Can you draw or trace something like that on the cake? I'm into drawing and filling in with stars to form the image, but I know that's not everyone's thing either.

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 5

elvisb- I was thinking about that too....but then I was thinking that they KILL deers, so....I didn't want the baby to represent something that they kill, ya know? I think I could maybe dress the baby in a camo bunting sleeping on the cake? I was thinking of doing a cute saying too....but still haven't quite worked it all out.

Justenjoyingit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justenjoyingit Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 5

You could have the baby sleeping in an sleeping bag on the cake.

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 5

Maybe put a bright safety orange cap on the baby's head!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%