Do You Drink Green Tea?

Lounge By sharon57 Updated 4 Jun 2010 , 1:31am by leily

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 17

If so, how do you drink it? do you add anything to make it taste better?

16 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 17

I drink the bottled stuff all the time. As far as brew your own, I have done that as well. I get the different flavored ones and just add sweet n low to it.

If you are doing the plain one you can always add honey and lemon.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 17

I love green tea. I buy the tea bags and brew a cup at a time. I use honey in mine but nothing else.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 17

I drink it both hot and cold. I don't add anything to it. It's wonderful by itself. I don't drink the bottled stuff as it almost always has ginseng in it, which I can't have.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 26 May 2010 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 17

I really like green tea, but I'm not a big tea drinker. I just learned (from watching Dr. Oz) that it's recommended to drink 2-3 cups of green tea per day. So I am starting to drink a little more. I like it plain, and sometimes I add honey to it.

hvanaalst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hvanaalst Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:37pm
post #6 of 17

I am having a cup now and other than water it is all I drink. I always drink it plain. I drink regular green tea most of the time but I do like a couple of the flavored ones. I buy one with pomegranate in it that is so good. If I do ever sweeten it, I use honey.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 26 May 2010 , 4:23pm
post #7 of 17

Love it - hot or cold - if you aren't too keen on the taste - look around for the green tea with cranberries - delish - just adds that little *something*.

Never buy the bottled stuff as there is soooo much sugar in it icon_razz.gif
Pointless drinking it really - as the sugar takes away what goodness the green tea does for you.

just drinking a warm milo at the moment - icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Bluehue.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Never buy the bottlrd stuff as there is soooo much sugar in it icon_razz.gif
Pointless drinking it really - as the sugar takes away what goodness the green tea does for you.

I drink the diet one. I do understand that there is less of the good properties in the bottles but they are nice to have on the go.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:18pm
post #9 of 17

I love green tea, drink it every day.
My personal preference is the twinings green tea- its the one that tastes the best to me. They have flavored green teas which are great also,
just a teaspoon of non pasteurized honey and im good to go

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:30pm
post #10 of 17

I like it but cannot have much. If I drink more than one or two cups in a week, I get a terrible metallic taste in my mouth that takes a week to go away. White tea is even worse.

I do love green tea ice cream (again, I cannot have much.) It's really easy to make. Just get some good vanilla ice cream and mix powdered green tea into it. Let it re-freeze before you eat it. Delicious! I believe Haagen Dazs has a green tea ice cream. If you like to make your own from scratch, there are lots of recipes out there; just google it.

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 26 May 2010 , 7:29pm
post #11 of 17

Looovelovelove green tea! But I'm picky over it.

I only like it sweetened when it's in something like ice cream or cake. The only bottled brand I like is Ito En, which can only be found in asian grocery stores.

I once got to attend a Japanese Tea Ceremony where they make it very thick, almost like a soup. It's REALLY good! Nothing at all like the kind of green tea we get in the stores.

...now I wanna go get some green tea mochi. I'm craving it like mad. icon_lol.gif

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 26 May 2010 , 9:26pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee

The only bottled brand I like is Ito En, which can only be found in asian grocery stores.

Amazon has it and it is on sale right now. Plus, if you spend $25 or more, there is free shipping.

Also, if you want to have it delivered on a regular basis, there is free shipping plus an additional 15% off. (If you have never used the Subscribe & Save, look on the right side of the page for the item you are interested in. If it is part of the program, you will see a box that allows you to choose your frequency.)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_grocery?ie=UTF8&search-alias=grocery&field-brandtextbin=Ito%20En

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 27 May 2010 , 5:09am
post #13 of 17

If you dislike the taste of green tea - genmaicha tea might be more palatable - it has popcorn and popped rice in it. Also - lots of Japanese people (and even Martha Stewart) has green tea and adds cooked rice to it and eats it like a soup - it's not half badicon_smile.gif

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 27 May 2010 , 6:53am
post #14 of 17

I love mojito iced green tea: brew 1 green tea bag and 1 mint tea bag in 2 cups water. Add lime juice and sweetener of choice to taste. Pour over ice. This is my 17 year old son's favorite beverage. (I sweeten with stevia or agave nectar, usually.)

LaFleur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaFleur Posted 29 May 2010 , 7:40am
post #15 of 17

I drink the green stuff as well..... I like it cold.. I save the 32oz. glass bottle from juice, and I brew my own. While it's still hot, I add locally harvested honey. Eating local honey helps me with my allergies, as does the green tea. I use the celestial seasonings authentic version. I liked it so much I haven't really tried any other brand.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 11:07pm
post #16 of 17

I drink it plain, when I have it.....though more often I will go for lemon or orange tea......

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 1:31am
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

I love mojito iced green tea: brew 1 green tea bag and 1 mint tea bag in 2 cups water. Add lime juice and sweetener of choice to taste. Pour over ice. This is my 17 year old son's favorite beverage. (I sweeten with stevia or agave nectar, usually.)

This sounds REALLY good. I really like mojitos, but can't drink alcohol right now, i may have to give this a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%