Help With A Last Minute 30Th Birthday

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 26 May 2010 , 12:55pm by KTB4

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:16am
post #1 of 5

I'm making a 3 tier 10,7,6" for a 30th birthday on Saturday, last minute as a favour to a friend. All she's given me as direction is that she likes one I did in lime green, hot pink and white and that the birthday girl is "fancy & girly"

I'm thinking zebra stripes and dots? Help!!!!

And thanks icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:31am
post #2 of 5

I like your idea, sounds super cute. Run with it, not too much time to over-think it right?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:32am
post #3 of 5

I'd vote for bottom tier striped, center tier wrapped in a big poofy bow, and top tier with dots...and her age standing up on top with some stars or dots on wires sticking out...sort of a nice general design but everyone loves it.

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 26 May 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 5

Well, if she's girly, she just might like a crown on top with her "30". I did my first tiara with white candy melts, using a template from the most saved photos section. There is a great tutorial if you search "royal icing tiara" and then just use candy melts instead. It was very quick and easy and beautiful.

Good luck!

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone. I did think about a tiara but really don't think I have time to try anything new - I work full time and have a husband on afternoons this week, plus 2 little kids (5 & 16 months). I need to stick with what I know icon_biggrin.gif

I think I just needed some reassurance that my idea wasn't way off base. Better get started on my 30 to put on top!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%