After All The Problems...here Is How It Turned Out!

Decorating By Cranny Updated 22 May 2010 , 11:53pm by casme

Cranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cranny Posted 22 May 2010 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 5

Some of you may recall my posts this past week, about the 'devil-cake' that I was having problems with: Cake sticking to pan, cake breaking, not being able to find a cake board...

Well, the cake fiasco set me back a day on the cake, but I was determined NOT to ruin this party. So, after many prayers, and a late night (finished at 4:30 this morning!)....here is the Sock-Hop Cake.

My friend had seen a picture of it on the internet, and wanted me to re-create it. I added my own little tweeks, like the rope boarder and different cake board. White cake, buttercream with marshmallow fondant decorations.

The girl who is having the birthday was SO excited when I brought it over today - make all the struggles worth it!! She must have asked me 20 questions, and was so excited that she could actually eat the records...in fact she had already called dibs on the blue one in front!!

So thank you for all your advise on the forum. I certainly have new found respect for you that do this all the time. It certainly was time consuming, but very worth it!
LL

4 replies
Cakelayer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakelayer Posted 22 May 2010 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 5

Very, very cute! You'd never know you had any problems with it at all.

DianaJJ

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 22 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 5

adorable!!!

ILE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILE Posted 22 May 2010 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 5

very nice.. i like alot you did a great job..

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 22 May 2010 , 11:53pm
post #5 of 5

very cute cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%