Graduation Caps

Baking By Katie1985 Updated 24 May 2010 , 5:54am by Katie1985

Katie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie1985 Posted 20 May 2010 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 5

i'm making cupcakes for a graduation, and i was wondering if anyone has ever made graduation caps as toppers. Any instructions, advice or ideas would be very much appreciated, thanks!

4 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 21 May 2010 , 12:25am
post #2 of 5

Roll out gumpaste thinly and cut squares, leave to dry
roll gumpaste/fondant mix into balls, cut in half
place dried squares onto half balls (cut side of balls face down), adhere with a little water or gumglue
use su*garcraftgun to make tassles

moonyqtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonyqtr Posted 22 May 2010 , 11:57am
post #3 of 5

i did a graduation cap.. i just uploaded the picture for you .. check out my photos so you can get an idea

GL

allthehobbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allthehobbies Posted 22 May 2010 , 12:32pm
post #4 of 5

I made candy graduation hats last year, but I can't seem to find the picture of the ones I did. I got the idea from Bakerella, here:
http://www.bakerella.com/candy-cup-caps/

I changed it up a little to get a more authentic looking cap and to have the top and bottom be the same color. I used a bon bon chocolate mold to have a rounded bottom instead of the peanut butter cup, and I used powdered black food color in the chocolate (which was a waste - they might have gotten a little darker than just the dark chocolate, but they certainly did not get black, and I used an entire jar!). I made both the top and bottom myself, and used the yellow sour candy she recommends. HTH!

Katie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie1985 Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:54am
post #5 of 5

thanks everyone for your advice!!!! I'll be making the graduation hats tomorrow and you after reading your posts I feel more confident!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%