Renting A Kitchen

Business By tcdup Updated 20 May 2010 , 4:55pm by jennywenny

tcdup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcdup Posted 20 May 2010 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 2

If my state doesn't allow home bakeries, I have heard that I can rent a commercial kitchen in the area, does this alow me to be "legal"? Like get a licence and tax id and be able to advertize?

1 reply
jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 20 May 2010 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 2

I'm sure there are a ton of threads about this but I just went to check out a rental kitchen in my area and yes, this does allow you to be legal, but you must make sure to have liability insurance, and make sure to get in touch with the health department to make sure you get the correct licenses. In my area it seems every separate vendor needs an inspection and also a license, which runs in the region of $700 for both.

Quote by @%username% on %date%