How Do I Make A Gumpaste Mum?

Decorating By Ladybug09 Updated 25 May 2010 , 7:49pm by Ladybug09

Ladybug09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug09 Posted 19 May 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 6

I've searched for a mum tutorial but no luck. Is there another tutorial that I can use that may be similiar? Or does anyone have a step by step process on how to make a mum?

TIA!

5 replies
KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 19 May 2010 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 6

Did you check on youtube?

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 20 May 2010 , 11:50am
post #3 of 6

Go to Wilton's website. They have a mum that is pretty simple.

Ladybug09 Posted 21 May 2010 , 3:35am
post #4 of 6

Guess I should've clarified that I need to make a mum out of gumpaste.
I checked youtube & didn't see anything. icon_sad.gif

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 21 May 2010 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 6

If you are using gumpaste, no worries. I am going to attempt to give you Wilton instructions for a quick mum:

Day before, create the center. Take a ball of gumpaste and roll it into a circle. Insert wire, toothpick of whatever you are using as the stem. Use an umbrella tool and indent the top, so that it looks like petals that are not open as yet.

Next day, roll out gumpaste thin and use the Wilton daisy cutters. Start with the medium size and cut two or three. Take the center and insert in the center of one of the petals. Glue all the petals up around the center. Apply 1 or 2 more, depending on the look you want. When you apply the 2nd and 3rd row, make sure that the petals fall between the first row so that all the petals are not sitting on each other. Using the largest cutter, cut another 3 or 4. When you apply these, don't glue them all the way up. The petals are now starting to open out. Again, apply as many as you wish.

Hope this helps.

Ladybug09 Posted 25 May 2010 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much Lee15!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%