Need Help

Decorating By maggylafa Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 9:59pm by maggylafa

maggylafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggylafa Posted 16 May 2010 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 6

Ãåéá óáò åéìáé áðï ôçí Åëëáäá ðñïóðáèù ìïíç ìïõ íá öôéáîù ôïõñôåò, Èá çèåëá íá ñùôçóù ðïéá åéíáé ç êáëõôåñç óõíôáãç ãéá åðéêáëõøç. Åõ÷áñéóôù ãéá ôçí âïçèåéá, óõããíùìç äå îåñù êáëá áããëéêá

Hi I am from Greece is trying to build my own cakes, I would ask what is the best recipe for coating. Thanks for your help, sorry do not know English well

5 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 16 May 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 6

Welcome to cc. icon_biggrin.gif
By "coating" do you mean icing? fondant?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 16 May 2010 , 4:04pm
post #3 of 6

I am not sure what you need to know, but in my website there is a lot of free tutorials.
www.designmeacake.com
Look for the tutorial link. There is buttercream tutorials and how to ice and stack a cake.
Edna icon_smile.gif

maggylafa Posted 16 May 2010 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Welcome to cc. icon_biggrin.gif
By "coating" do you mean icing? fondant?

i mean fondant

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 16 May 2010 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 6

I make my own fondant using Michele Foster's Fondant receipe found in the "most saved" receipes here on cc. It's an awesome tasting fondant that is very high quality and inexpensive to make. I also use Debbie Brown's fondant. It has only four ingredients and it's so easy to make.

I don't use commercial fondant but there is Satin Ice, Fondarific, ChocoPan, Wilton and more that I can't recall just now.

If you'd like Debbie Brown's fondant receipe you can pm me and I'll pm it to you. It's easy to make and easy to use. Since you're just starting out if you can purchase some premade fondant such as Wilton (because it's inexpensive) that would give you an idea of what the texture and consistency of fondant should be. That way you'll have an idea of what it's suppose to be like when you do make your own.

maggylafa Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 6

how tomake total blackfondan; Usually has gray waters

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%