Sugar Veil

Decorating By cakesbykitty Updated 17 May 2010 , 8:55pm by cakesbykitty

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 15 May 2010 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone worked with this medium?

How does it taste? IE: Wilton fondant (bleh) compared to vanilla Satin Ice (mmm)

Is it as easy to work with as the videos show?

Would it be best for Cricut Cake use?

Thanks all...

Kit

7 replies
Jerilynnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jerilynnn Posted 16 May 2010 , 12:28pm
post #2 of 8

I ordered the sugar veil lace kit. I LOVE IT! I used it to decorate wedding cake cookies and petit fours (I need help with icing petit fours).

It is very easy to use, although all I have really done with it is the lace. I spread some out on a mat, but haven't cut it yet, I'm not really sure what to do with it. I haven't colored it yet, but I don't think it will be an issue. As far as the taste goes, it's as delicate as it looks. It's not overly sweet at all, I doubt it would alter the taste of anything you used it on. So far I'm having fun with it. It's expensive though!

We were at a wedding last night, that I made 110 cookies for, and everyone was asking "how did you do that"???? It was fun to see the reaction of sooo many people. All positive!

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 16 May 2010 , 1:38pm
post #3 of 8

Sugar Veil tastes great and I love using it whenever I can. It colors amazingly well, and works great for fine detalis like Spiderwebs

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 16 May 2010 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 8

Check out this Youtube link on Sugar Veil. I have never used it, but plan on trying it. There are more Youtube videos on Sugar Veil to watch. Very interesting.

cakesbykitty Posted 16 May 2010 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 8

ya, that video is the one I saw that sparked my interest.

Good to hear that it is all it is said to be. I just hate investing the money (it is expensive) if it's all hype.

Anyone tried it with cricut cake yet?

emilyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyg Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 8

Kakesbykitty, you can use SugarVeil with any electronic (or non-electronic) cutter. Decorative paper punches work great, too.

Here are the instructions for using SugarVeil with the Cricut Cake: http://www.facebook.com/pages/SugarVeil-Icing/58910664892?v=app_2347471856&ref=sgm There's also a SugarVeil tutorial with photos at the cricut.com website forum.

Color SugarVeil Icing with any type of food color - for dark colors, use powdered color and mix into SugarVeil before adding water. For other colors, liquid or gel colors work fine.

To give you an idea of yields with SugarVeil, a one pound bag goes a long way. It will make 55 large 6" bows with tails, 56 lace strips using the 11" x 16" Lace Mat, or 25 sheets for electronic cutters on our cut-to-fit mats. And here's how costs work out:

Large 6" bow with tails = 32 cents each (26 cents if you get the 5 lb. SugarVeil pail)

Lace strips using our 11" x 16" Lace Confectioners' Mat = 31 cents per lace strip (25 cents with the 5 lb. SugarVeil)

Sheets of SugarVeil for electronic cutters on our cut-to-fit mats = 70 cents/sheet (58 cents with the 5 lb. SugarVeil)

If you order the Starter Kit from us at http://www.sugarveil.com and would like to use SugarVeil with electronic cutters, include the 12" long Confectioners' Spreader to your order and it will qualify for free shipping. Be sure to write "FREE MAT" in the comments section of your order so we will send you a cut-to-fit mat, too.

Please let us know if we can add any info here - thank you!

Michele at SugarVeil

AXOCutie143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AXOCutie143 Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you for the info Michele, I have been really curious about SugarVeil after watching a YouTube video on your channel. I'll have to check it out icon_smile.gif

cakesbykitty Posted 17 May 2010 , 8:55pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you Michelle!

I do believe I will order and try sugar veil after my cricut arrives!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%