Need A Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookie That Stays Soft

Baking By leelee82663 Updated 15 May 2010 , 5:14pm by mamawrobin

leelee82663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leelee82663 Posted 15 May 2010 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 5

need a recipe for TRIED AND TRUE chocolate chip cookie that stays soft like great american cookie company -- got a request for a big cookie cake. have tried a couple and they either were too soft and flopped or tooooo hard and didn't really taste good!!

PLEASE HELP!

thanks,
leelee

4 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 5

try adding a box of instant pudding mix to your batter, you might not need as much flour though so just add til it's the right consistency.

Also, make sure you're not over baking. Using a pizza stone can help get a nice even heat under the cookie too!

annieliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieliz Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 5

I always use butter flavored Crisco when I bake cookies. it makes them thicker and softer than regular butter.

buttercreammgt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreammgt Posted 15 May 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 5

I always store mine in a sealed container and add a slice of wonder bread. The bread keeps the cookies soft and Yummy. I also just use the recipe on the back of the Toll house choc chip package add one tablespoon more flour then they suggest and don't use marg. I also really whip my butter first before adding any of the liquids. When it's all mixed store in the fridge overnight or for several hours then bake. then you have the best chocolate chip cookie in the world. IMHO

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 May 2010 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 5

I've found that using butter I don't get a soft cookie. I use shortening and they stay soft.

I use the toll house cookie receipe and add 2 tbsp. of flour.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%