Yet Another Help!!! Need Ideas Thread

Decorating By juleebug Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 3:32am by juleebug

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 12 May 2010 , 1:47am
post #1 of 13

I'm at a loss here. I have a cake due June 5th for a boy whose only interests are Resident Evil movies, Resident Evil video games and..... wait for it....... zombies.
Would be easy enough if I hadn't made his cake last year when his interests were - anyone, anyone? That's right ZOMBIES!
The mother doesn't want anything too bloody or gory.
How do I translate Resident Evil/zombies into another zombie head without it being bloody/gory and without it looking like the same cake?

TIA.
LL

12 replies
mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:21am
post #2 of 13

My husband is saying do something with the Umbrella Corporation Logo. No idea what that means, but he is a Resident Evil junkie. He said the kid would know.
HTH

juleebug Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 13

Thanks for replying. I thought about doing the Umbrella Corp. logo but Mom wants another zombie head.
I've seen a couple of zombie doberman action figures and I was thinking of maybe doing that (just the head) but I've never done a dog and all the dog cakes I see are cute little dogs like Westies or Poodles.
Anyone have any suggestions how to do a vicious, undead, snarling attack dog? icon_lol.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 13

ok, wait...so mom wants another zombie head, and so we're trying to figure out how to make another but not the same from last year?

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 13

Does it have to be a Zombie head? I have a visual picture of a cake with a handful of Zombies "walking" across it.

metria Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 13

...feel up to making a chainsaw?

metria Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 13

if you could make the cake board to look like the umbrella logo, that'd be sweet too.

juleebug Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:40pm
post #8 of 13

Yeah. Mom said another head.

metria Posted 13 May 2010 , 5:46pm
post #9 of 13

maybe a head where the skull is slightly removed so we can see brains icon_smile.gif

juleebug Posted 13 May 2010 , 6:03pm
post #10 of 13

Personally, I like this one:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1512855

But I don't think Mom would go for it (too gory) and I don't think I'm skilled enough to pull it off.

atwistedlime Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atwistedlime Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:21pm
post #11 of 13

Huge Zombie fan here... If she is set on the head cake the Doberman would rock the kids world! Otherwise you could consider a female zombie... or a specific type of zombie i.e.: zombie that looks like a celebrity? a chef zombie? cop or fireman zombie? little girl zombie?

I will keep thinking and come back if I come up with anything different.

I would think about what type of fun thing you could do with a zombie head. Create a character head. The funniest zombie I ever saw in a movie was a Clown... hysterical. icon_biggrin.gif

good luck with your cake! Would love to see a picture of your final creation! Go Zombies! heh
Leslie

juleebug Posted 14 May 2010 , 8:22am
post #12 of 13

Thanks for your input, everyone. Let me know if you come up with any more, Leslie.

juleebug Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 3:32am
post #13 of 13

Leslie,
I finished the cake. I went with the zombie doberman but after discussing it with the parents I decided to make it a dead one because they said he always complains that the dogs are the hardest things to kill in that game. I found a screenshot on the web and decorated the cake board to look like the tiled floor of the lab with bloodstains, etc. I thought the mom would blow a gasket since she told me not to make his cake too gory last year but she said it was "awesome".
Anyway, here's a pic:
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%