Source For Plastic Cake Boards That Are Not Scalloped?

Decorating By Toptier Updated 12 May 2010 , 6:02am by lardbutt

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:46am
post #1 of 3

I am looking for a tuffboard type, disposable plastic board to use between my cakes. I like the tuffboards but they have a scalloped edge and I use the board edge to smooth the outside of my cake. For the life of me I can't find anything on the web, does anyone know of a source or brand of these? And why oh why does tuffboard do the scalloped edge, I don't understand it?

Thank you!

2 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 12 May 2010 , 4:31am
post #2 of 3

I have often wondered that myself! It drives me nuts! Every time I am in the supply store, I look at those and think: now THOSE would make great cake boards, better than cardboards. And I look around to find the ones w/o the scallops and...nope. icon_mad.gif Grr! What's up with that?!

Oops. sorry, I don't have anything helpful to add, just wanted to commiserate icon_lol.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:02am
post #3 of 3

I saw some the other day at Hobby Lobby and they did NOT have the scalloped edges.

Quote by @%username% on %date%