Craigslist

Lounge By Ashlynn Updated 16 May 2010 , 12:23am by lenagc

Ashlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashlynn Posted 10 May 2010 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever dealt with craigslist before? I have abunch of cake stuff I want to get rid of and I was thinking of putting it on craigslist but I wasnt sure if it was a bad idea. I've heard about all of the scams but I was hoping someone would have a positve experience with them.

TIA

4 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 10 May 2010 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 5

we LOVE craigslist! We have sold and bought big things from there (cars) and sold and bought tiny things on there (home decor)

There ARE a lot of scams out there, you will get 20 junk e mails for every 1 real serious e mail. You will soon learn the junk ones from the real ones, you have to use common sense. Someone who suggests you mail your product to them and they will then send you a cashiers check? Well, that obviously would be a bad choice! Someone e mailing you about more pictures, more questions, etc., then that is probably a real person. A lot of times I will tell the person asking to buy my stuff to come after 6 at night, that is when my husband get's home from work. I have never had a problem with anyone coming to our house, in fact most of the people are very friendly people, but you DO have to watch out for you and your family.

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 5

The scams I have come across were obvious scams and all vehicles. (dh and I are looking for a vheicle at this time) Everything dh and and I put on there sold quickly. go for it! I have seen lots of used pans on ebay too if you want to go that way.

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 10 May 2010 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 5

i actually bought a huge batch of wilton yearbooks from craigslist, and i'm always on the search for good stuff on there.....will be looking for a cricut cake in a few months ....lol

lenagc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lenagc Posted 16 May 2010 , 12:23am
post #5 of 5

Let me tell you a little something about craigslist, someone got a hold of one of my cards I left in a well known candy store in our area, and thought it would be funny or something, but they put horrible adds soliciting sex, gave out my phone number and address. Two years of networking and giving out cards, down the drain. I guess I just trusted people to much. I now have a secure phone and address, and have to start all over. My cake business has suffered tremendously, I had been having to say no to so many orders, and now I'm lucky if I get one in three months. Be very careful with craigslist, I'm sure it works for some people but for me it was a nightmare.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%