Can I Put The Fondant Covered Cake Into Fridge?

Decorating By Shepsit Updated 9 May 2010 , 4:32pm by egensinnig

Shepsit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shepsit Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:30am
post #1 of 5

I made 2 cakes yesterday and covered them with fondant.
But the fondant started to melt a little bit icon_sad.gif Shall I put the cakes into fridge or it makes the fondant melt much more?

4 replies
katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 9 May 2010 , 11:30am
post #2 of 5

Not sure why your fondant is melting? Is it too heavy and falling off the cake? You can put fondant in the fridge, but I'm not sure if this will help your situation. If you do put it in the fridge, it needs to come to room temperature before it's cut.

Kat

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 5

Fondant ususally melts due high humidity or something under the fondant - acidic filling like raspberry, lemon.
If your fridge is dry ( no condensation runnign on the inside walls for ex) you can put it there.

QueenMo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenMo Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 5

as far as know it's not a good idea to put fondant in the fridge, but that's just from experience. the one time i tried doing that it got really sticky...

egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 9 May 2010 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 5

I always put my cakes in the fridge since we only use mousses and cream based fillings here. And have not have any problems with it. I make them on friday morning for example, leave them in the fridge until saturday afternoon and then deliver. And they are dry to the touch and look great icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%